[ in which he is taken ]

"Wait, wait, wait," Mason spoke through the phone loudly, causing Sydney to hold it a bit away from her ear, his voice was raised in confusion. "So, you and Liam- my two best friends- kissed?"

Sydney sat on her bed, her legs crossed and a bowl of popcorn in her lap. She pursed her lips and nodded, then remembered that she was on the phone with her best friend, and that he could not see her. "Yes, we kissed," she said simply.

"Did you kiss him or-?" Though she couldn't see him, she knew that Mason was more than likely cocking an eyebrow, a smirk stretching across his lips. Him and Sydney basically told each other everything- it had been that way since the sixth grade, when they became really close friends. As soon as Sydney got away from her father and Stiles the night before- which was over an hour of listening to them scold her for not answering their texts- she immediately called Mason. Though she was unable to reach him until the next morning, which was what she was currently doing, whilst eating a bowl of Smartfood popcorn for breakfast.

"No- no, he kissed me." Sydney ran a hand through her untamed hair, a sigh of confusion falling from her lips. "I think. I mean, I guess we both wanted to, but he was the one who leaned in first-"

"Sydney," Mason's amused voice interrupted her as he chuckled lightly. "Why are you so worked up about this? I mean, I would have expected you to be freaking out in a happy way."

"I am happy," Sydney insisted and cracked her knuckles out of a nervous habit. "It's just- we're talking about a boy, whom I had only met a few weeks ago, who I have really strong feelings towards, and we kissed. I don't know if he really meant to or if he thinks it was a mistake or what. Damn, I'm being so stupid and girly right now." She buried her hand into her hands and let out a frustrated groan, drowning out the sound of Mason chuckling on the other end. "What?"

"Dude, for the past two weeks, I have been trying to get you to admit your feelings towards Liam," her best friend said, laughing. "And, just now, you did it without even realizing what you said."

Sydney immediately felt her cheeks grow hot and she grabbed a handful of popcorn, stuffing it into her mouth to hide the choking sounds that fell from her lips, "Shut up, Mase."

"Hey, I wouldn't worry about it if I were you," Mason said. "Last night, the reason I didn't and answer your calls, was because I too busy talking on the phone with Liam. And you wanna know what we were talking about?"

Sydney licked her lips, "What?"

"You, Sydney," Mason stated as if it were the most obvious thing in the world; she knew he was more than likely rolling his eyes at  that point. "We were talking about you, and how much he wanted to kiss you again."

Sydney couldn't help the smile that spread across her face at her best friend's words. "Honestly, I wouldn't have a problem with that," she mumbled sheepishly.

"Well, maybe you should talk to him." Just as the words left Mason's mouth, she heard a knock on her front door, which also echoed through the speaker of her phone.

"Mase, where are you?" she questioned hesitantly, cocking an eyebrow.

"Right outside your front door. And Mr. Liam Dunbar is standing right next to me." Sydney could basically see the cheeky smile that was spread across Mason's face as she groaned loudly. "Hey, Mr. Stilinski."

"Mason," Sydney groaned once more as she hopped up from her bed, grabbing a brush and running it through her hair. "I look like crap."

"Well, Liam and I are currently sitting on your couch, having a nice conversation with your dad," Mason said casually, slightly laughing. "You have three minutes to get ready before we come barging into your room- naked or not. And dress in some athletic clothes, because we're going running."