[ in which visual conformation is required ]

"Is three enough?" Kira stood in front of a laptop, her hands planted on the table in front of her as she gazed around at the four other teenagers around her. Sydney stood in the doorway of the kitchen, her arms crossed over her chest as she listened on to the conversation.

"Depends on how many cameras they have," Stiles replied with a shrug, his tone flat and somewhat nervous. "But I think so."

For the first time since she had arrived at the McCall house alongside her brother earlier that night, Sydney spoke up, her voice small. "Are we really doing this?" she questioned slowly, her gaze flickering between her brother and the alpha leaning against the table.

"We're doing it. Tonight." Scott nodded once, his voice determined as he stared at the younger girl whom he had grown to think of as a sister.

"But isn't it kind of dangerous?" Liam fretted shakily and his gaze flickered between the four juniors and then towards Sydney, whose eyes were now focused on the ground beneath her. Feeling his gaze on her, she looked up at the boy before joining the rest of the group at the table and scanning over the plans and outlines. She answered Liam before anyone else had a chance to do so. Despite the serious situation they were currently in, her tone had a bit of humor behind it.
"It's Scott and Stiles we're talking about here; their plans are always dangerous." Looking over at Stiles and raising an eyebrow at him, she added, "and they usually tend to backfire in some way or another, as well."

Stiles rolled his eyes, though chose to ignore his sister's snarky remark. "It's incredibly dangerous. And borderline idiotic," he stated with a shrug, addressing the freshmen who stood closely to Sydney.

Once again, Liam's eyes flickered between the two Stilinski's, his voice shaky as he spoke. "Have you guys done something like this before?" he questioned.

"Something dangerous, or something idiotic?" Stiles asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"I think it's a yes to both," Kira commented from across the table. Liam nodded nervously and looked down at the rough outlines of the plans spread out on the table in front of him. The anxiety that radiated off of the young boy was almost distracting to the four older teenagers around him, though Sydney understood exactly. In all honesty, she felt as nervous as he did, if not more. Over the past few years that Scott and her brother had been best friends, the McCall boy had grown to be almost like a big brother to her. And the thought of him risking his life for something that may not even work scared her. Though she didn't let it show; she had learned to hide her fear and anxiety.

"Hey, you don't have to do anything if you don't want to." At the sound of Scott's voice, Sydney's head snapped back up to the group. He was looking at Liam sympathetically, his deep brown gaze gentle.

"I'm not scared," insisted Liam quickly, looking Scott straight in the eye and clenching his jaw. His gaze shifted over to Sydney, where his blue eyes softened and his hand casually slipped into hers under the table.

"Well then, you're borderline idiotic," Stiles said and placed his hand on Liam's shoulder, sending him a wink.

Forcing her lips to form into a slight smile, Sydney laughed lightly. "Of course he is- he has to be. Otherwise, he wouldn't have survived this long with us."

>>

Sydney stood behind her brother and Mr. Argent as the pair stared down at a computer screen. The room was cast in complete darkness around them, the only light coming from the digital screen that was shining on the men's faces. Liam and Kira currently sat outside the door of the random room in which they were in, keeping watch whilst Mr. Argent worked his magic. Sydney chewed on her fingernails in nervous habit, pacing back and forth as the ex-hunter typed away on the keyboard.