[ in which he is a cannibal ]

The ride to the hospital as spent in silence- except for the occasional groans of pain falling from Liam's lips. Sydney could feel the tension coming from the three boys as she sat, stuffed in the back seat of her brother's Jeep. She couldn't help but feel awkward being crammed in a car beside a boy who she hardly knew, especially when his leg was bent at an awkward angle, more than likely broken. She didn't dare move during the whole trip, worried that she might accidentally bump against Liam's leg and cause him more pain than he was already in.

The freshman was currently staring at the back of Stiles' and Scott's heads, and if looks could kill, they would both be dead with over a dozen daggers sticking out of their skulls. He was angry that it had to be them that was taking him to the hospital, as it was there fault that he was hurt in the first place. If his leg really did turn out of be broken, then that would mean he wouldn't make the team, and he wouldn't be able to play- and that would be their fault, as well. If that happened, then everything that he had trained for was pointless. Not to mention that the two juniors creeped the hell out of him.

Another moan of pain fell from Liam's lips as he attempted to get comfortable, accidentally bumping his injured foot against the back of the passenger seat. The back seat of Stiles' Jeep wasn't exactly roomy, leaving him little to no room to move around- which made it next to impossible to get his leg at an angle that didn't hurt as much.

Liam was having a hard time controlling his anger towards the two boys who had put him in this situation. Honestly, the only thing that was keeping him from blowing up and strangling the juniors to death was the strawberry blonde girl who sat next to him, her shoulder pressed against his in the crammed back seat as she stared out the window in silence. Every time Liam would moan in pain, Sydney would turn and look at him for a mere second, sending him a sympathetic smile before falling back into her own little world. He barely knew her, but Liam definitely did not want the girl to see him loose his temper and strangle her older brother to dead.

So the only thing Liam Dunbar could do was channel his rage, take deep breaths and focus on something else other than the thing that angered him, as he had learned in Anger Management- at least until they arrived at the hospital.

>>

Sydney had no idea exactly how long she had been at the hospital, only that it had grown dark out about an hour ago. After Scott and Stiles dropped Liam off in the hands of Melissa McCall, Stiles had run off to help Malia study, leaving Sydney to comfort Scott by herself. The boy sat in the chair beside her; she could practically feel the guilt that radiated off of him, and she knew that he was blaming himself for what happened.

"I don't really need to tell you it wasn't your fault, do I?" She questioned slowly, turning to look at her somber friend.

Scott merely shrugged, his face wearing the same guilty expression it had been for the past few hours. "But it is my fault that he's injured."

Sydney pursed her lips and rubbed her friend's shoulder comfortingly. "Hey, stop blaming yourself. Sure, you knocked him a bit too harshly, but think about what he would look like if you used actual werewolf powers."

Scott's lips pulled into a faint smile, though it disappeared a moment later, "Maybe you should go visit him. See if he's doing okay."

Sydney cocked an eyebrow, "Me?"

"Yes, you," Scott said flatly. "You're not the one who caused him to become injured. Maybe he'll actually talk to you."

Sydney pursed her lips, and nodded slowly. Part of her did want to visit Liam, to see if he was okay, but she felt something close to nervousness in the put of her stomach, and she hesitated. Shaking her head forcefully, she sent her friend a small, comforting smile before standing up, "I'll see you later, Scott."