[ in which they are confronted ]

Due to the events of the night before, Sydney and Stiles didn't get back home until after midnight, causing Sydney to loose several hours of much needed rest. By the time she finished her homework that was due the next day, it was nearly 2am.

Though, despite only getting three hours of sleep the night before, Sydney found herself waiting at the front of the school with Mason, Violet and Garrett, in a surprisingly good mood. Though she wore a tired look on her face, a small grin still stretched across her lips as she talked with her friends.

She didn't even bother putting effort into her appearance that morning; settling on a pair of leggings and a large hoodie. Instead of making her face look presentable, she only put a bit of concealer over her daunt skin and the dark bags caused by stress and lack of sleep under her eyes, with a few strokes of mascara on her eyelashes. Dressing to impress wasn't exactly on her agenda for the day.

That's what happens when you get to watch a boy get brutally axed, she had thought to herself as she stared at her appearance in the mirror. Though she still put a smile on her face when she met her brother by his Jeep, determined to have a better day.

Sydney was pulled out of her thoughts as Garrett's dominating voice met her ears.

"I am not watching another movie again on a Friday night."

She realized that her friends were beginning to walk towards the school at a fast pace. Stifling a yawn, Sydney forced herself to match her friends' paces, walking close to Mason.

"Sydney, you are friends with a bunch of juniors. You must know something that is going on?" Garrett turned to look at her, his eyebrow cocked expectantly.

Sydney looked at her shoes, focusing on not tripping over her own feet as she maneuvered through the crowd that rushed into the building. Her friends' eyes were on her, more than likely expecting her to tell them about a huge party being held that night, though she only merely shrugged. "Nothing that I know of."

Garrett let out a loud groan, rolling his head backwards and snaking his arm over Violet's shoulder, who licked her lips impatiently.

"Remember we are freshmen, alright?" Mason pointed out flatly. "We just got off a school bus. We won't exactly be hitting the clubs till four am."

Sydney laughed at her friend, slowly but surely beginning to feel energy trickling into her body. Opposite of her, Violet sighed dramatically, rolling her eyes and speaking to the group confidently. "Okay, movie at your place. At nine?" She gestured towards Mason, who nodded rather reluctantly. Violet's lips pulled into a smile and she grabbed Garrett's hand in hers.

"See you in Algebra."

Sydney watched in silence as the couple disappeared into the crowd of students, pursing her lips before turning around abruptly at the sound of a familiar voice.

"Hey, sorry." Liam was panting as he approached the pair, sweat dappling his forehead and his heartbeat racing a mile a minute. His eyes were on Sydney, though he quickly glanced over at Mason as he spoke.

"Hey. Liam, why weren't you on the bus?"

Liam tensed visibly and looked between the two, his voice shaky. Whether it was from nerves or the fact that he ran to school, Sydney did not know.

"I ran," he said simply.

"You ran three miles to school?" Mason questioned and raised an eyebrow accusingly.

Liam nodded quickly; Sydney heard his heartbeat quicken. "Yeah. I just started running."

Sydney looked down at his leg, which was no longer supported by a bandage. He was standing normally, as if he hadn't just broken his leg the day before. "How's your leg?"