[ in which she is a healer ]

Only minutes after Sydney Stilinski entered her own house- Liam trailing behind her as if he were unsure whether he was welcomed in the Stilinski home or not- Stiles tugged the two freshmen out the front door once more. Scott followed closely behind them as her brother rushed them to his Jeep. Sydney could sense the panic that was radiating from the two juniors, and this only made her worry.

"Stiles." She tugged at the sleeve of her brother's shirt, her eyebrows pulled together as she bit the inside of her cheek. "What's wrong?"

"Just get in the car, Syd," Stiles stated, not bothering to look at the younger girl. "We'll explain on the way."

Sydney glanced over at Liam, who only shrugged helplessly as he opened the passenger door for her. Shooting him a small smile, she climbed into the back seat of her brother's Jeep. Liam climbed in next to her, his hand casually slipping into hers as he settled into cramped back seat.

"Tonight's not the full moon, is it?" His troubled voice spoke into her ear as Stiles pulled out of the driveway, the Jeep shaking and rattling as he pressed on the gas and zoomed down their road.

Sydney shook her head, glancing at the boy beside her with furrowed eyebrows, "The full moon's not for another week or so. Why?"

"I'm just making sure they don't have any plans on kidnapping us or anything," Liam said with a shrug. He then raised his voice a bit, addressing the two boys in the front seat. "You're not taking us to another boathouse and tying us up, are you?"

Stiles and Scott exchanged a look that only the two of them could wear before the eldest Stilinski glanced at Liam through the rear-view mirror, "I don't have a problem taking you somewhere and tying you up- preferably to a 100 pound weight, before we throw you in a river. But Sydney- her we need."

Sydney's lips parted, ready to ask her brother where exactly they were going, but Liam spoke before she had a chance, causing her hazel eyes to roll in their sockets.

"Hey, Stiles. Just remember that I now have superhuman strength, along with fangs and claws, before you try and throw me in a river," he retorted, his eyebrow cocked threateningly. A quiet, barley audible groan fell from Sydney's and Scott's mouths, almost simultaneously, as Stiles glanced over at his best friend.

"Seriously, what is the point of him? Why'd we have to bring him along? Couldn't we have just kicked his little werewolf ass out onto the street and just take Sydney?"

Liam opened his mouth to shoot back a sharp comment, though Sydney quickly cut him off by placing a hand over his mouth. He raised his eyebrows, his eyes shining cheekily as she felt his lips pucker, pressing against her hand before twisting into a grin. She rolled her eyes, though unable to hide the small smile that stretched across her lips as she turned to her brother.

"Seriously, though, where the hell are we going?"

Scott turned around in his seat to look at her, his brown eyes shining with evident panic, "Derek's loosing his powers, Sydney," he answered slowly, causing her eyes to widen. "He has an infected bullet wound, and he needs a healer."

>>

As Sydney stepped foot inside Derek's loft after Scott, Stiles and Braeden, her nerves immediately frayed. Liam stood close beside her, his thumb rubbing circles in the pad of her hand in attempt to calm her down. Though she was thankful for this gesture of kindness, she just couldn't find herself to calm down.

Since she was turned, Derek was a sort of mentor towards the young girl, and over time, he had grown to be almost like an older, more sane brother. The thought of Derek Hale, the young, though strong werewolf that taught her everything there is to know of their kind, loosing his powers, it honestly scared her. Though, despite the panic that was eating away at her insides, Sydney forced herself to remain calm. She focused on the feeling of Liam's thumb rubbing against her hand, the soothing scent of his aftershave, and swallowed down the panic as she approached Derek Hale. She could smell the infection coming from the irritated bullet graze on his shirtless torso, causing her nose to twitch uncontrollably.