One

He sat next to his parents, facing the priest as they continued having their ceremony.Everyone singing along to the God- themed songs and reciting the prayer when it was needed .

After everything , Liam followed his parents .They began talking to a close family friend , her name was Mary .And she has a son around Liam's age and another son who was off to college this year.

"-Yes my son is very disgusted with those people at his school.Honesty they shouldn't be allowed to be doing that type of stuff infront of other "Mary made a face that showed pure disgust.

"How could they, I wouldn't want gays to be doing that stuff infront of Liam "

Here we go again Liam thought . His mom was always talking about how homosexuality was wrong.Liam didn't know how she didn't know by now that he was gay because of how uncomfortable he turns whenever the subject was brought up.

So instead of listening, he quickly texted his best friend, Zayn about what was happening.Zayn was his best friend since seventh grade .He took him to get his first tattoo of now many .Was there whenever he needed to scream about his ignorant parents .All in all , he was a great friend and an amazing person to be around .

Zayn had black hair that was cut into a quiff and had many tattoo.Which people found weird since they were only fifteen.But both boys had connections and parents that were easily convinced .He often wore dark colored clothing .

What did she do now? Zayn typed , Liam could feel the eye roll that Zayn always did when he mentioned his mother or father.Mostly because of how ignorant they were but also they're always very rude to Zayn because they believe that he was the cause of Liam wanted to dress in "punk" attire .

She's talking bullsh*t about being gay to her friend and I need to look busy so I don't punch this old lady in the face Liam typed back.

If you punch her can you FaceTime me , I want to see it 😂

Die😒 Liam responded , praising the lord he didnt believe in once his mom said it was time to go.

--

"Niall"His mom coughed , trying to sit up .

"Chill momma"Niall rushed to her side , grasping her back as he pulled her go to sit ."I made you a wonderful quesadilla "

His mom laughed "Honey , it's probably amazing "

"Thank you, I tried"He joked "Now eat up.We need to give you your medication."

Maura, Niall's mom, sadly smiled .Both trying to lighten their sad situation by doing what they did best.Telling older story with family members.

Niall's dad , served in the military,when he was three years old and passed away from a bullet wound in the head.While, his brother , Greg, he was the eldest .He visited Maura every weekend but had a family so he had to work every weekday .His wife and their baby son, Theo, helped out by taking Maura to the doctors every appointment when Greg couldn't .

Maura was diagnosed with stage three breast cancer .It was pretty developed , so once she made the decision of cutting of her entire left breast .Doctors found a bit of cancer still in her blood .So inside of going through another surgery, they decided to make her go under Radiation and Chemotherapy.

Niall didn't mind taking care of his mother , he was practically raised up taking care of her .Instead of going out with his friends, he had to stay home .Of course he mind at time , like any teenager would .But he couldn't just leave his mom like that.

Recently she was getting better , doctors say the cancer is sixty percent almost gone and it seems as if it will be going smoothly .

"Niall, I'm going to take a nap.Can you shut the door "Maura laid down once her son left the room.A tear slipped down her eyes.She hated having this disease and she hated having to depend on others.

--

Niall soon reached downstairs,his phone ringing as he saw his best friend ,Harry, calling him.

"What do you need ?"He asked as he placed his phone on speaker , washing his and his mom dishes .

"As I remember , your mom has a doctor appointment on Tuesday , right ?"Harry knew about Niall's situation, actually his mom often coming to spend time with Maura as their boys went out .

"Yep "Niall sighed.

"I'm thinking that we go clothes shopping before school starts .You know ."Harry convinced Niall.

"I'll see , but who would be our ride?"

"Louis "Louis is Harry's older brother , he still lived at home which was kinda creepy since he was already twenty-eight and has a fiancée .

"Hm okay, I'll text you on what my mom says ."

"Okay , I'll talk to you later !Love you "

"Yeah sure , love you too"

--

"Liam"Zayn whined , pulling Liam's arm .He needed to buy the new pair of Jordan's that recently came out.But Liam was walking slowly , texting one of his friends .

"Chill, my phone is about to die anyways ."Liam rolled his eyes as he was tugged once again to the shoe store in their mall."Can we eat first ?"

"No!"Zayn playfully shouted "All these people will buy them and they'll be sold out!Please I'll buy you a smoothie "

"Fine I don't care "Liam rolled his brown eyes as he played with his black lip ring like he always did to keep busy .

--

Both boys walked to the food court, Zayn grinning as he finally got his shoes.Of course , the black haired boy kept his promise and we're now lined up in the smoothie line .

"Niall, stop being so down "Liam heard from a pair of boys infront of him .

"I can't, I'm just don't want to be away from my mom so long ."The blonde one , which Liam was guessing was named Niall .

With that , Liam rolled his eyes .Poor little boy misses his mom , does he not know how much worse do others have it . He thought .

"She's probably fine you know .The doctors probably are saying she much better now "Sh*t Liam felt bad , this kid's mom was in the hospital.He stared at the boys, Zayn not paying much attention to him as he played on his phone .

The curly haired one turned after a while , giving him a the f*ck - look .
Smiling after they made eye contact and him turning away rapidly .

"Aye , what's your problem ?"Zayn whispered as he finally noticed his best friend intently looking at the blonde boy infront of him.

Liam didn't answer but saw as blondies' friend leaned in to whisper something into his ear, causing him to blush and shake his head.

"What do you mean, Harry ?"Niall asked , he was confused.His best friend just whispered that the "Goth" looking boy from behind them was staring at Niall.Then taking a quick look .

I mean he's not ugly Niall thought.

"Next costumer please "

---
1165 words - June 8th 2015

Chapter one is finished ! I tried informing everyone of the main character's back story a bit but it'll get a bit more complicated later .

I don't usually upload this long of a chapter but I decided since I'm in summer break I'll just write my heart out .But once I get back to school, it won't be as long ;)

•J