Twenty-nine

It had been a week since Liam had moved in, Liam was a mess for half of it.Crying in his room silently before going to sleep and didn't really talk to anyone and provided minimal talking to Niall.

"Ready to go?"Niall asked lowly, understanding how tough it must be for him.

"Yeah."Liam replied, grabbing his binder off the guest bedroom floor."Did you sleep well?"

"Fine,"Niall shrugged"You?"

Liam shrugged in response , silently letting Niall get into Greg's car before getting in himself .

When they got to school, Liam walked besides Niall, who grabbed his hand, giving it a light and comforting squeeze.Liam forcefully smiled at him as the bell rang.Nothing really comforted Liam and he really hated it but couldn't help being sad.

"Do you wanna go to class?"Niall asked.

"You go, I'm gonna go sit in the bleachers and try to find Zayn."Liam kissed Niall's head before walking away, leaving Niall to sadly walk to class.

---

"How are you?"Matt asked, running to catch up to Niall.

"Fine"Niall shrugged,"It's been quite fun living with Liam."well besides the fact, I basically babysit Liam.But Niall couldn't say that out loud.

"Really?"He said surprisingly,"So, it's been all good."

"Yeah,why you asked?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out this Saturday, I'm having a party for my birthday and I wanted you to come?"

"I'll see if Liam is up for it."

"I mean if he's not, you can just come."

"And leave my boyfriend alone with my brother are you kidding?"He laughed.

"Yeah, well you should try and make it.I want you to be there.""Matt winked, going to hug Niall as Niall ducked up his arm.

"Sorry, I have a cold.Very contagious."Niall pretended to cough, Matt shrugged before waving good bye to the blonde.

---

"Matt wants us to go to his birthday party."Niall said, relaxing under Liam's arm as they ate lunch with their friends.

"When?"Liam played along, knowing he didn't want to go.

"Next Saturday, we don't have to go if you don't want."

"Do you want to?"

"It's whatever, I'm only going if you're going."Niall shrugged.

"Whatever you wanna do?"Liam shrugged,"Or we can stay home and have a bit of fun"He whispered into Niall's ear.

"You know I'm always up for it."Niall giggled, pecking his lips as he thought this was the beginning of it getting better.
---

"I don't know what to do anymore, Chris."Matt sighed, slumping down on his couch next to her.

"You can always just kill Liam."She shrugged, looking up to see Matt contemplating it."You can't be kidding me? You're willing to spend jail time for niall?Are you stupid?"

"I just don't know how to get them to break up."

"Look Matt, it's almost the end of the year.You've been obsessing over him for this whole year, it's ridiculous."

"I thought you wanted to help me?"

"Yeah, until you turned crazy.Liam living with Niall, Niall's mom died.He shouldn't have to worry about a dude obsessing over him as well."

"I'm not obsessing but if you don't help me, I'll find a person who will!"

---

"Niall, Niall!"Christina ran as fast as she could, trying to catch up to him.

The blonde let go of Liam's hand, telling him he'll catch up with him later on."What do you want?Are you gonna try and steal my boyfriend from me?"He snarled, feeling angry at her for ruining Liam and Colin's friendship and for blaming her breakup with Colin on Liam.

"Look-"She gasped, trying to catch her breath.

"I bet you were the one who told Liam's parents weren't you? "His looked revealed realization.

Christina waved her arms"No, I know who did-"

"I honestly don't want to hear your lies, were you ever my friend?"He scoffed,"did you ever actually care about me? Or was this always your plan?"

"Please Niall, let me explain."

"I have all the explanation from when your ex boyfriend tried fighting my boyfriend because of you."Niall began to walk away, before being tugged by Christina.

"Look, I need to tell you this before something happens.Matt-"

"What did you do to Matt?"Niall pushed her hand off.

"Actually, what is he gonna do to you?"

"What's are you talking about?Matt is my friend, he'll never do anything to me!"

"He still loves you, Niall.He'll do anything to get you to love him back."

"Why are you only telling me this now?"

"Because I wanted to help him, I thought it would be cute that he's jealous of Liam and he'll try to fight for you but after he mailed those pictures and asked me to be with Colin to get close to you.I had to stop, I'm sorry I didn't do this sooner."

Niall nodded before running to go find Liam.He ran up to their friends who sat at their normal table.

"Where's Liam?"

"He didn't come to the table, he texted me he was going to Motnley's room."

"I'll be right back."Niall walked around the buildings to find the wing the room was located at.He knocked on the door, revealing a dark skinned lady who wore glasses and her hair was worn curly .

"Hello, may I help you?"She spoke softly, with a kind smile.

"Yes, is um Liam here?"

"Liam Payne?"Niall nodded "He was supposed to come in today but didn't show up.Sorry."She said goodbye before closing the door as Niall turned his back, wondering where his boyfriend has gone.

Christina had told him how bad of a person Matt could be and he feared for the worst as he couldn't find Liam anywhere on campus.

----

Liam was walking down the hallway, making his way to his normal lunch table before being stopped by Matt.Matt looked serious but had a forced smile on his lips.

"Hey...."Liam trailed off, never actually having a conversation with Matt.

"I need to speak to you, follow me."

"I don't even know you, dude.I'm not gonna follow you."

"We need to speak, it's about Niall."

Liam's heart dropped"What happened to my baby?"

Matt winced"Just follow me."He snapped.

---
1044 words
What y'all think?

•J