Sixteen

Colin in the media part thing ( he's fine as hell oh my god )

Maura laid on the hospital bed, the pain rushed through her body.She was tired, tired of being hooked up on so many machines that she can count, she was tired of feeling so high from her medication that she didn't know who she was anymore.But she was mostly tired of being a useless mother.

Niall and Greg, her sons, grew up without both parents.Sure, she was there when she could but before their grandmother's death, that's who they were raised by.

The doctors knocked for the second time this hour, they didn't even have to be told not to come in because Maura was always sleeping that she never could answer them.

"Hello Maura."It turned out to be the nurse, she was short and wasn't so thin, she had tanned skinned.Looked to be Mexican or of Latin descent.Her eyes were brown and had brown straight hair that went past her lower back but was kept in a French braid."How you feeling?"She said kindly.

"Good, thank you."She responded,her lips sticking together from being so dehydrated.With all the medication she has received, she didn't have any feeling of being hungry nor thirsty.She only ate when the nurses told her she needed to eat because the pills needed her to have food in her system."Do you know how long it'll take me to die?"She said lazily.Her eyes closed.She didn't care anymore about being selfish, Maura needed to find the relief, relief of being cure from all the illnesses that were running through her body.A small smile on her lips as she thought of death.

"You're not gonna die on me.I promise you that"The nurse answered, grabbing hold of Maura's cold hand.

---
"Can you please met my mom?"Niall asked softly.He was currently at lunch, they sat a small table in the cafeteria.Zayn and Harry couldn't make it to lunch because of a group assignment they had for their English class.

"Like you want me to go to the hospital with you?"Liam asked.

"I just-"Niall didn't want to finish the sentence, hoping to find words to describe what he wanted better."In the worse case scenario, I want my mom to met my boyfriend."

"Yes, of course, we can go right now."Liam said, wanting to fulfill any wishes he wanted.

"R-right now?"Niall asked.

"Yes, I have money for the subway.In less than ten minutes we can get there and we can just miss the rest of the day."Liam patted Niall's hand with his free hand.

"Let me call her to know we're coming."Niall dialed the hospital and then the room number.

His mother picked up the phone from the side table, answering weakly.She was just given a dosage of painkillers and felt tired and fatigued.

"I need you to meet someone"Niall said nervously, looking up at Liam who nodded."Can we come to the hospital?"

"But don't you have classes now?"Maura's motherly instincts came in.

"They got canceled"Niall lied.

"Alright, but I'm going to take a nap."She said quietly before they exchanged goodbyes.

---

They sat on the train's seats.Liam fidgeting, he held his phone infront of him like a mirror, using his camera to show his face.Liam began to remove his piercing.

"What are you doing?"Niall scrunched up his face.

"I just-I don't want you to be embarrassed with having a boyfriend that looks like me.I don't want your mom to think I'm a bad person by my tattoos and piercings."Liam said anxiously.