Eighteen

(Not edited)
"You what?"Niall asked, feeling his face heat up as Liam licked his lips as he stared into Niall's eyes.

"I love you, Niall."

"I-"Niall was interrupted by his phone ringing in his pocket.He looked down at the screen to see Greg was calling.Niall looked up at him apologetically before answering."I'm at school"Niall whispered ,lying obviously.

"No you're not, where are you?I just passed by your school and they told me you weren't there"Greg seethed.

Niall panicked"I'm at mom's house -"

"What are you doing there?"Greg screamed through the phone.

"My stomach was hurting during first period so I walked out."

"Really? Because they told me you didn't come at all."

"I ditched, alright."

"I'll be there in five minutes.Be ready, we're going to the hospital."
End of call
"Everything alright?"Liam asked after Niall placed his phone down.

"You need to leave, Greg is coming."

"Oh shit,"Liam pulled on his shoes as Niall rushed him to the door.Pulling back the curtains, Greg was already parked in the driveway.

"Hide and after we leave, go"Niall let go of Liam's hand as he rushed out the door.

Liam didn't know what to do, where to hide.This was the first time being in this house so after hearing the car pull out.Liam waited a minute or two and walked out.It was only twelve thirty, he didn't want to go to school.So instead he headed to an old friend's house.
--
"I'm really disappointed in you but we have bigger problems.Mom been coughing up blood for almost half an hour"

"What why?"Niall's heart began to accelerate as he grew panicked.

"We don't know, I left her with the doctor and Denise.She told me to bring you over."

The rest of the ride was left in silence, Niall's heart still beating fast as the condition of his mother was unknown.And Greg just wanted to get to the hospital as fast as he could without jackasses swerving into his lane.

After a couple minutes, they were already inside.Their mother seem to have fell asleep, her chest rose quickly and every breath she took was heard throughout the room.

"How is she?"Greg asked Denise.

"The doctors said they'll come to talk to her later.She's not doing good,babe."Denise stood up and kissed Greg's cheek , giving Niall a small hug before going to pick up Theo from daycare.

"Sit"Greg said sternly to Niall.

Niall nodded before following Greg's orders and looking up at his older brother.

"We're you alone?"Greg asked .

"Yeah I was"Niall lied"I didn't feel like going to school."

Greg sighed,"alright, don't do it again."Niall nodded before they fell silent.

After a couple hours, Maura woke up to the sound of the door opening.She couldn't really focus on the figure until she heard the voice she longed for so much.

"Maura"The man sat on her bed, her eyes focus on his face to reveal it was her deceased husband.

"Bobby."She whispered, pulling off her blanket as she looked around to see she was in a dark void, the only thing that was illuminated was the face of her longed for husband.

"Maura, you don't have much time."He said, lovingly caressing her face with his hand as she leaned into his touch."Spend the last days with your kids, tell them you love them."