Twenty-one

A part of him wanted to hold it all in, keep his problems to himself as he usually does.But Niall needed to vent with one of the persons he knew wouldn't judge him for crying.

"Baby, calm down tell me what's wrong."Liam soothed Niall, bringing him closer to his warmth.Currently they sat in Liam's bed, Niall been shaking and crying for the past half an hour.Every sob made Liam's heart sink.

"I-I"Niall couldn't form any word.He cried because of his mother, cried for breaking his promise and cried for being a terrible son."I-I messed up Liam."

Liam raised his eyebrow, not knowing what to say.

"I promised my mom I wouldn't cry but look at me, I'm crying."Niall's sobs mixed with a tone of laughter and sarcasm.

"What happened?"Liam pressed harder, his voice still light and caring but with a stern undertone.

"She died, Liam.If I wouldn't have fücking left-"

Liam felt for his boyfriend, knowing his relationship with his mother he knew the pain he'll face through.

"Babe-"

"No Liam!"Niall exclaimed, pulling out of Liam's embrace."I left her alone."

"Niall"He said calmly"You couldn't control it."

The crying blonde stared at his lap."I know"The last tear strayed down his cheek.

Liam pulled him into his arms, were he remained as Niall attempted to catch his breath until slowly fell asleep.

The brunet knew his parents were due home any moment.So he laid Niall down on his bed as he put blankets on the floor and threw some pillows on the blanket.Running his foot over the blanket to make it seem like he laid on it.He locked the door as he cuddled Niall .

Niall looked peaceful yet the redness around his eyes and tear stained cheeks told him other wise.Liam didn't know how to comfort Niall, he's never experienced a lost, thankfully. There weren't any words he could say that could make this situation better.That scared him.

The sound of an engine being cut off was heard in his driveway.He straightened out were he was laying and unlocked the door, leaving a small space open and laid on the blankets he sprawled out.

"Liam, honey, were home."Liam's mom said down the hallway.Liam got up to met her, closing the door behind him.

"Hi mom, um a friend came to the house and I think he's staying over."Liam said nervously.

"Is it Zayn?"She cautiously asked.

"No mom, it's Niall.His mother passed away and he didn't want to stay with his brother."

"Oh poor baby"She placed her hand over her heart"Tell him I send my condolences, he can stay as long as he need to."

"Alright mom, I'll be sleeping on the floor so you think I can take a blanket from you?"Liam said lowly.

"Yeah, there's one in the hallway closet"She said turning around "it's late, Liam.Me and your dad are going to bed, see you in the morning."

"Night"Liam's voice wasn't above a whispered as he walked back into his room, meeting with Niall who sat wrapped in the blanket.Staring at his lap shyly, feeling utterly embarrassed for crying infront of him.A light shade of pink covered his cheeks and Niall didn't know if it was because he was warm or because he was blushing but watching Liam stare at him with a smile, made him uncomfortable.