Six

Liam and Niall walked alongside each other, Liam kept with his promise of walking Niall to all his classes.Even if it made him almost late to class but he had long legs so it wasn't much of a hassle for him.Niall didn't really mind Liam being besides him all of the time during passing periods.

It was comforting almost, Niall wasn't really scared of being in high school.He was more scared of being one of the shortest boys at school since most of the boys there were over six feet tall if not above five feet, ten inches.So it was intimidating but since Liam had a 'scary ' appearance, nobody wanted to poke fun at him, even if they wanted to.

But now they were heading toward math class, which was the class before lunch and had it with Harry and Zayn.As they entered, the noticed they had a substitute.

"What type of teacher isn't here by the second week?"Liam laughs, leading them to their designated seat.Zayn and Harry already seated in their seats, laughing at whatever they were talking about.

"Maybe she's sick "Niall giggled, sitting next to Harry.Who looked down at him, smiling before turning back to Zayn.

Niall felt his phone vibrate but knowing the school's rules.He sneakily took out his phone, noticing it was Greg.Usually, Greg never text or calls him.Only if something happens with their mom or if Greg needs anything from Niall.

I'm gonna pick you up He texted, Niall swiped to the left.His iPhone 5s letting him reply without having to type in his passcode.Niall questioned him before returning to the conversation he was having with his friends.

Just be ready by the time I get there, we need to leave as soon as possible.

Niall sent back an 'Okay' beginning to worry, all of them noticed how he seemed to put away his stuff.

"What's wrong, Ni?"Harry asked from besides him, finally pulling away from his conversation with his boyfriend.

"Greg gonna pick me up"Harry knew most of the time that Greg picked him up was because something happened with their mom.Its happened quite a few times during school, Niall's life was set in and out of the hospital.

Harry nodded, licking his lips before grabbing his hand.Giving it a light squeeze.Niall looked at their hands and then up before giving Harry a small smile.Then, the pair let their hands go.

Both, Liam and Zayn, sat there confused.Not really knowing what to do but gave them their space.Intruding was the last thing they wanted to do.

Soon, the class phone started to ring.The substitute teacher calling out his name, telling him it was time to go home.Niall nodded, gathering his stuff.

"Text me, Ni.When you can." Harry called behind him, Niall just nodded before walking out.

"What's wrong with him leaving?"Liam asked , concerned.

"I-I can't tell you.If he wants to tell you, he will"Harry stuttered, praying mentally for Niall and his family's wellbeing.

---

Niall walked into the schools small office, seeing Greg standing by the door.Dressed in dress pants and a black long sleeve button up.

Greg nodded at him, signaling him that they're able to leave now.Niall's short legs followed behind his brother.Greg got his height from their father, his figure was exactly like him.While Niall was more petite like their mother.

They drove in silence, Greg's music was in the background.But nobody sang along with it.Niall clutched his binder to his chest, Greg blasting the A/C when it wasn't necessary but Niall didn't want to complain all he wanted to do is ask what was the problem but the words were caught in his throat.