five

"Mierda," Miguel mumbled as he got up. "Are you good?" Y/n asked from the table, she was grading papers again. "Yeah, my back is just fucked up." He said as he got up and joined her at the table. She didn't reply, as he sat next to her and watched her grade papers she could see his discomfort.

"Hey," she said, starting to pick her papers up. "Sleep in my bed tonight." She stood up, "what?" "It'll be fine, it's big enough. I got to go to work, I'll see you later." She walked out of the door.

He waited, looking around the empty apartment. "Maldita sea," he mumbled, getting up and slipping his suit on. He crawled up to the rooftop and looked down upon the city. After a while he spotted Y/n walking. He followed her across the rooftops. The cold air blew her hair back and caused one of the papers to fly away.

Miguel shot his web at it, bringing it back to himself. He continued to follow her. Once she reached the school he hoped down. "Miguel?" Y/n asked before turning around, "it's me.." He whispered. She turned to face him, "Hi." She smiled, Miguel smiled under his mask.

"You dropped something." He handed her the paper, "hm," she took it from him. "Following me, I see." He rolled, his eyes. "You leave me in an apartment all day long. I don't know what else to do."

She giggled, "good excuse." She said, patting his chest before walking into the building. He smiled to himself, shooting up to a local building. He sat on that building all day. Until he heard some voices.

He sat up, looking down to the ground. Outside the building was a man in a suit and Mr.Williams. "She needs to leave." Mr.Williams said, "Miss L/n is an excellent teacher. She's turned that troubled class into a respectful class and raised their test scores amazingly. She is not going anywhere."

"She is giving them so many rewards it's upsetting the honors class. My class!" He threw his hands up in the air, "well, Mr. Williams maybe you should give more credit to your students." The man walked in without another word.

Mr.Williams stood there for a second, complaining to himself. Miguel jumped down, forcing the man to look at him. The man looked at him, jumping back. "What the hell are you?"

"A friend of Y/n. Listen, if I hear Y/n loses her job for any reason I will make your life a living hell. And so help me if her name EVER comes out of your mouth again, I'll break your jaw."

The man looked at him silently, "is that clear?" He nodded, "say it." "It's clear!" He said, "good." He watched the little man run back into the building.

****

Y/n finally walked out of the school building. Miguel started to follow her still on top of the buildings.

When he got to her apartment he sneaked in through the window so he could change really quickly.

Once he heard her unlocking the door he opened it for her. "Hey, Miguel." She said, walking in. "How was work?" He asked, as she put her bag away. "Not good," she mumbled. "What? What happened?"

"The boys really want to learn how to play new sports like football and soccer. And I've been trying to learn myself so I can teach them but I just don't have time. I feel so bad, like I'm letting them down." Miguel shook his head. "Y/n, you're an amazing teacher. I promise they don't feel like that."

"They just deserve to be taught." She said, she walked away, getting in the shower. "She did that shit on purpose." Miguel grumbled, once she got out she started going to her room. "Y/n," he said as he knocked on the door. "Come in," she said.

She was fixing up her bed. "I'll do it," he said. "What?" Y/n asked him, "I'll teach them." She smiled and ran at him. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She jumped on him, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Oh my god." He mumbled.

-

worksbysarah