thirteen

"Gravity." Y/n said to the students. "Gravity, gravity, gravity," She continuously said under he breath as she looked for her marker. "Okay," She said as she picked up a black marker. "Does anyone know anything about gravity?"

A couple kids raised their hands. "Yes," She used her marker to point at one kid. "It keeps stuff from floating away." He said as he put his hand down. "Very good," she said, writing his statement on the board.

"What else?" She asked, she pointed to another kid. "Uh, didn't Issac Newton come up with it." Y/n nodded her head. "Kinda." She said, "he discovered it." The kid still looked a little confused although she explained this last week.

"Do you guys think, that before Sir Issac Newton discovered gravity, we were floating around like crazy?" The class shook their heads. "So, gravity was already there but no one knew. Not until Sir Issac Newton discovered it." A couple of 'oh's left the kids' mouths." Y/n nodded her head as she turned and wrote on the board.

"Okay, what else?" She turned back to the class. No one raised their hand, she looked at a certain student. Miguel had never heard this girl talk, but he knew she constantly received 100's on her work. "Sophie," the girl jumped at her name being called. "Do you have anything?"

She waited for a moment, "gravity causes the tides in the sea.." She said, quietly. Miguel looked back to Y/n, she had a big smile on her face. "That," she placed her hands on her hips. "That's a very good answer." She walked over to her desk, digging in a drawer. She pulled out a glass container that had serval suckers inside.

She walked over to Sophie, letting her pick which ever she wanted. Sophie smiled and dug around, pulling out a red one. Y/n walked back over to her desk, "Can I have one?" Miguel whispered, but was still heard by the class. "Can you give us an example?" Y/n asked, he looked at her with a 'seriously?' look. She grinned, before giving suckers to the other two children that gave examples.

She looked at Miguel. He sighed, "It keeps our planets in orbit." Y/n smiled, "Very good, Miguel!" She said, as she handed him the jar. She wrote on the board as he pulled his sucker of choice out.

GRAVITY
- Keeps us from floating away
- Isaac Newton discovered it
- Causes the tides in the sea
- Keeps planets in orbit

Y/n looked at the class, her eyes caught Micheal's empty chair. She gulped, removing her eyes. "So," Before she could continue her lesson there were knocks on the door. "Oh my god," She grumbled, walking over. It was the principal.

"Miss L/n," He had a little boy with him. "Mr. Jones, please come in." Y/n said, stepping out of his way. Mr.Jones and the little boy walk in. "May I say something to them?" He asked Y/n, "Yeah, of course." Y/n said, she sat down at her desk.

"Students. This is Gary. He is new here and I want you all to welcome him." Mr. Jones held his shoulders, Gary looked irritated. "Hi, Gary." The class said sorta in sync. "Hi, Gary." Y/n said after them.

After Mr. Gary said something to Y/n. Y/n took the boy to an open seat. "Okay, guys. Who wants to catch Gary up?" A student raised his hand, "alright, go ahead." The boy turned to him, "We're learning about gravity today."

"Wait," Y/n said with a small laugh. "I'll catch him up on the lesson. You catch him up on the rules." She said from her desk, "Oh, my bad, Miss." Y/n waved her hand in a way of saying it's fine.

The boy walked to the front. "Right here," He pointed to a part on the board.

Classroom Rules
- Always Respected & Respectful
- We Try Our Best
- We Are FAMILY