3: THE HEAVENLY TRIO

[I PICKED the wrong day to return to school.]

Zirkus was a bit surprised to find out that their classroom was similar to the lecture halls that he had as a college student back in his world.

It was the kind where lecture chairs incorporated rows of fixed desks.

Despite the seating arrangement, none of his classmates sat next to him.

[I don't even see the two dudes who bullied Enzo Fenton with me last week.]

"I thought he already dropped out of school."

"He returned, huh?"

"How shameless."

"The disgrace of Class-Greatsword is back."

'Class-Greatsword' was obviously the name of the class, and the disgrace would be Zirkus Huxford, of course.

[I can hear you, kids.]

There were only twenty-eight students in Class-Greatsword.

Holy Sword Academy, as its name suggested, was a school for aspiring swordsmen and knights. Hence, the main weapon mostly used by students was, obviously, a sword.

And Zirkus Huxford was one of those students aiming to be a swordsman.

<"Our sheepshead fish doesn't have talent in swordsmanship, though. Kekeke!">

Zirkus had already mastered the art of ignoring the taunting System, so he didn't react this time even though it called him a sheepshead fish again.

And it wasn't like he had time to worry about that.

"Enzo Fenton and Zirkus Huxford!" Sir Jesse, a middle-aged man, and a High-Grade Swordsman, yelled. This man was also the teacher of the Swordsmanship Class. "You'll be sparring partners for today's class!"

The entire class was shocked.

Why wouldn't they be?

Everyone in the academy knew Enzo Fenton and Rivo Creswell were the fixed sparring partners ever since their Novice Class days.

Tsk.

[What changed now?]

Zirkus maintained a poker face, but his eyes search for Enzo Fenton.

[Oh, there's my Catch.]

Enzo Fenton was sitting in the front row with Rivo Creswell and Nixie Winslet. The three kids stared back at him indifferently.

[Hmm... is this planned?]

Zirkus avoided eye contact with the three, and turned to Sir Jesse this time.

The smile in the teacher's eyes told him he was in on it.

[Ah, I get it now.]

The three kids probably asked Sir Jesse to assign Zirkus as Enzo Fenton's sparring partner for today's class.

Why?

The reason was simple.

[They obviously want to give Enzo Fenton the chance to beat me up "legally" as payback for bullying him.]

How cute.

"What is it, Huxford?" Sir Jesse asked "kindly." "Do you have any complaints about the arrangement?"

Zirkus smiled as angelic as possible. "None at all, sir."

For some reason, Sir Jesse flinched.

Even his classmates suddenly avoided his gaze as if they were afraid of him when they were just dissing him a moment ago.