7: RAMEN, ANYONE?

ZIRKUS learned two important things about the young Rivo Creswell that differed slightly from his character in The Legendary Fisher.

First, the current Rivo Creswell was too trusting.

[I can't believe he trusted 'Blob' easily. He didn't even question how a Freshman managed to sneak into the Seniors' dormitory. He probably just took 'Blob' at face value and believed what the boy said.]

In The Legendary Fisher, Rivo Creswell was already a jaded adult who only trusted Nixie Winslet. It was understandable, though. After all, when the main story began, Enzo Fenton had already betrayed the hero and the heroine.

[There wouldn't have been an apocalypse if Enzo Fenton and the other Disasters didn't summon the Cataclysm into the world.]

"We received an anonymous report from a student."

[Pfft.]

'Anonymous' report, they said.

Sir Jesse (the Swordsmanship instructor, a burly man in his thirties), Professor Lindon (the Guinevere Heroes History professor, an old man), and Madam Thelma (the academy's Vice-chairman, a middle-aged woman) were the three adults who summoned the twelve students who received a package today in secret.

[These are the adults that Rivo Creswell probably trusted the most.]

Zirkus was sure the "anonymous report" came from Rivo Creswell.

[Fortunately, we were summoned a little over an hour after my conversation with Rivo Creswell earlier. The teachers probably held a meeting first.]

Thanks to that, the effect of the shell-changing capsule that he consumed had already worn off.

"According to the report we received, a strange package arrived for one student here," Madam Thelma said sternly. "We summoned you here to check the parcels that each one of you has received."

As expected, it was really because of Rivo Creswell's report.

[It was a good call to leave it to the hero.]

Zirkus suddenly remembered the conversation he had had with Rivo Creswell earlier...

["Blob, thank you for telling me that. Would it be alright with you if I share this information with the teachers?"]

["Of course, Senior."]

["Then would you like to come with me and inform the teachers together...?"]

["I'm too scared to face the teachers, Senior. Can I leave it to you?"]

["If that's what you want, then let's proceed that way."]

And Rivo Creswell left "Blob" to report to the teachers.

That was the second difference that Zirkus noticed between the current Rivo Creswell and the hero from The Legendary Fisher.

[The adults hate the Rivo Creswell from the original novel.]

But here, the teachers favored the hero.

"We respect the students' privacy, but this matter concerns national security," Professor Lindon said kindly. "Hence, we ask for your understanding, as we need to check your personal packages."

Some students looked embarrassed, but no one really complained.

Zirkus was confident as well, since the capsules would appear as health supplements, according to the letter that he received.