13: DROP THE ACT

[I ALWAYS say that these kids are scary, but I'm not really that scared of them.]

Zirkus, as Park Suho, wasn't really a good person.

Since he grew up as an orphan, he was often bullied because of his poor background. Hence, to protect himself, he learned how to fight. Up until his first year in high school, he was actually known as a delinquent in their neighborhood. He was even hailed as the 'top dog' of his school, aka the best fighter.

He only turned over a new leaf when he met a foul-mouthed yet warm police officer that helped him change for the better.

[But that person disappeared and abandoned me, too...]

"Tsk."

Zirkus clicked his tongue, annoyed that he remembered something unpleasant.

"Did you just click your tongue at us?"

It was Nixie Winslet.

[Right, I'm in the middle of a confrontation...]

"Yes, I clicked my tongue, but that's not the point," Zirkus said, his voice still indifferent. "I'm asking you why you're treating me like this when it was Enzo who decided to cancel his trip with you."

Initially, he planned to salvage Zirkus Huxford's reputation because he thought the original owner of his new body was a complete bastard. After all, he woke up bullying Enzo Fenton. But that didn't seem to be the case.

If the original Zirkus Huxford was truly a bully, then his schoolmates wouldn't have the courage to call him 'ugly' right in front of his face.

[Unfortunately, I can't see from Zirkus Huxford's memories the reason why he suddenly targeted Enzo. Plus, his "friends" that I met that night haven't returned to the academy yet for some mysterious reasons.]

Hence, based on the things that he noticed so far, it was safe to assume that the original Zirkus Huxford was just a big pushover and not a bully.

[Someone else probably urged him to bully Enzo.]

"Enzo is our childhood friend, and we know him since we were kids," Rivo Creswell said firmly. "We are his family. There's no way he'll prioritize YOU– the person who bullied him– over us. You must have blackmailed him."

Zirkus couldn't help but laugh in disbelief. "For someone who claims to have known Enzo since they were kids, you sure do NOT know him that well."

Rivo Creswell and Nixie Winslet looked shocked by what he said.

Yep, this was still him salvaging Zirkus Huxford's reputation.

[After I turned over a new leaf as Park Suho, I learned how to socialize and bow my head when I needed to in order to survive the real world as an adult. But that doesn't mean I will let these kids walk all over me when I'm innocent.]

Like he always said, he knew when to bow his head– and this was certainly NOT the time to do so.

To save the world, Zirkus needed these kids to follow him. And in order to do that, he had to teach them how to respect him first. He wouldn't be able to do that if he would just let them look down on him just because they were physically stronger.

[I will not bow down this time even if I end up getting beaten up to a pulp.]

"How can you say that, Huxford?" Nixie Winslet asked, obviously upset. "You don't know anything about us."

[Except I do.]

Zirkus wasn't able to finish the entire story because he was already transported into this world just before the final volume of The Legendary Fisher was released.