15: DEADLY TREASURE HUNT (2)

"I DIDN'T expect to see you here, Yelena Dover."

"Why are you calling me by my full name? You can just call me by either my first name or last name, Huxford. Whatever makes you comfortable."

Zirkus smiled because it was the perfect opportunity for him to call Yelena the way he wanted to. "Then can I call you 'noonim?'"

In the Korean language, men would address older women as 'noona' which meant 'big sister.'

'Noonim' was the polite version.

[That's how much I respect Yelena.]

"May I know what 'noonim' means first?"

"It's a made-up word from a fiction that I read before," Zirkus lied with a straight face. "It means 'older sister.'"

Yelena tilted her head to one side. "Why am I your 'older sister?' Am I older than you?"

"It just means I respect you a lot."

"That's a relief," she said, smiling. "I thought you were calling me old."

Zirkus just smiled. "Did you choose this place to eat because it's dark here?"

"That's right, but I already changed my mind," she said shyly. "Even though you already caught me once, it doesn't mean I'm not mortified to be caught eating raw fish again."

He chuckled. "You really love fresh fish, huh?"

It was probably because Yelena was a Mermaid Princess.

But since it was a secret that was only revealed in the main story, he assumed Yelena was keeping it a secret at the moment.

Hence, he decided to play dumb.

"Are you not going to ask why I like eating raw fish?" Yelena asked. Even though her question sounded lighthearted, he could tell that she was being cautious. "It's not normal to eat raw fish, after all."

"In our kingdom, it's not usual indeed," he said while nodding. "However, I know a very faraway place where people eat raw fish."

Her eyes opened wide a bit. "Really?"

"They even eat live octopus. Webfoot octopus, to be precise."

She covered her mouth when she gasped. "I love webfoot octopus, too!"

He could only smile while fighting his urge to shed a tear.

[D*sney fans would cry if they find out real-life mermaids don't sing with fish and other sea creatures– real-life mermaids actually eat them.]

But there was one thing children-friendly shows got right about mermaids.

[They're beautiful.]

Yelena was just standing there while wearing a simple dress under a cloak, and yet she was sparkling.

"Huxford, do you also eat raw fish?"

"I do," Zirkus said, nodding. "I actually love sashimi."

"'Sashimi?'"

"It's a dish made of thinly sliced raw fish and seafood."

Well, other meats could also be served as sashimi.

But he thought the Mermaid Princess would only be interested in fish and seafood, hence he didn't explain that much.

"I'll prepare some sashimi for you later, Noonim."

Yelena smiled and nodded. "Thank you, Huxford."

"You can just call me by my first name, you know?"