9: OF COURSE, THERE'S A DRAGON

[YEP, I'M really inside a fantasy novel.]

Zirkus knew that a fantasy novel wouldn't be a fantasy novel without a dragon.

He was just surprised that Klaus Irvin, Enzo Fenton's alleged victim, turned out to be the hero's dragon friend. In The Legendary Fisher, the characters would just refer to Rivo Creswell's friend as the dead dragon as if it was forbidden to mention Klaus Irvin's name.

[Now I know why the dragons didn't help the human race during the apocalypse.]

But he could still change that.

[I think during this time, the fact that Klaus Irvin is a dragon is still a secret.]

Hence, Zirkus flashed his business smile at Klaus Irvin. "Are you headed to the dining hall? Do you want to eat together? My treat."

"Thank you for the offer, but I don't want to get an upset stomach," Klaus Irvin said, waving him goodbye. "Let's not meet each other again, Huxford. I get sick when I look at ugly faces."

As expected of a dragon, Klaus Irvin was so full of himself.

Zirkus smiled anyway. "Understandable, have a good day."

[I'll make you owe your life to me soon, you giant lizard.]

Park Suho, Zirkus' previous self, wouldn't have lasted as a stalker– er, reporter if he was the type to easily give up on following his target.

He was about to follow the dragon when, suddenly, he came face-to-face with the heroine.

"You're here, Huxford," Nixie Winslet said. "Enzo is looking for you all day, and he looks pretty intense. What did you do this time?"

Zirkus shook his head and let out a long sigh. "I'm innocent."

***

<"I THOUGHT you weren't going to use the shell-changing capsules? This is already your second time using it, Shittyhead. Do you enjoy getting attention for your face in a positive way?">

Zirkus just ignored Blob, as usual.

It wasn't like he could pick a fight with the rude System while he was walking on the school premise AND people were looking at him.

In a positive way, at that.

Both boys and girls seemed to be enamored with his fake face.

"Do we have a schoolmate who's as handsome as him?"

"His face is on the same level as the Heavenly Trio..."

"Is he really from our academy?"

"Don't you know how strict our academy is? He can't have access to the school facilities if he doesn't have a legit school ID. And it's not something that you can fake with magic."

Zirkus could only agree with the last student who spoke.

But there was a loophole in the school security that he was currently exploiting.

[It's true that you need a school ID to access the facilities like the dining hall and the training hall. Unfortunately, the scanners can only verify if the school IDs are legit or not. They can't register the name of the students who are using those facilities.]

In short, Zirkus wasn't leaving traces as he was roaming in the school as 'Blob.'

[Both the school and the students are weak when it comes to tracing magic, though. If there's a strong mage here, then my shell-changing capsules should have been discovered already.]