12: MOUTH-WATERING BAIT

[TO CATCH a big fish, one must prepare some irresistible bait.]

"Ah," Zirkus said, lifting the box that he found buried under Zirkus Huxford's pile of new clothes that he hadn't opened yet. "'Found you."

He put the box on the table, then opened the lid.

There, inside the box, were at least thirty wooden cubes in different sizes. The biggest one was for an A4 picture, while the smallest one was for a wallet-size picture.

"I can't believe these wooden cubes have the same function as a camera," he muttered in amazement. "Magic is really amazing."

Hence, he couldn't stay in a kingdom that valued Aura over Mana.

[Aura can only be wielded by Swordmasters anyway.]

"I need to leave the academy soon," he whispered to himself. "But I need to take the talented students with me."

And to do that, he must catch Enzo Fenton first.

<"Hey, Shittyhead. Your food is getting burned already.">

"Nah, it's fine. I haven't even put the instant ramen noodles yet," Zirkus said, then he picked up the medium-sized wooden cube. "My budae jjigae is fine."

His dinner for today was budae jjigae aka army stew.

It was an easy meal to prepare since he just had to put the ingredients together. To be precise, it was a hotpot dish loaded with kimchi, SP*M, sausages, mushrooms, instant ramen noodles, and cheese.

After getting the wooden cube that he needed, he went back to the living room where his dinner was waiting for him.

He put a small table in the living room, and placed the butane stove there.

The shallow pot was already loaded with the other ingredients.

Zirkus put the instant ramen noodles, rice cakes, green onions, and cheese on the top. Then he reduced the heat to low. "And now we wait until the noodles get cooked."

He sat on the floor and picked up the wooden cub again.

Thanks to the memories of the original Zirkus Huxford, he knew how to use the item.

He pressed the small blue gem in the middle of one of the cube's sides.

Even though he already knew what was going to happen, he was still a bit surprised when the wooden cube suddenly turned into a wooden frame the size of a standard postcard. The wood was also very thin. It was just as thick as a cardboard.

Moreover, there was also a glass inside that served as the frame of the "camera."

[This is really cool.]

He put the wooden frame above the shallow pot, the loaded army stew captured inside the glass. When he was contented with the shot, he pressed the small red gem at the corner of the wooden frame.

WOW.

Just like that, the image of the delicious and loaded army stew was captured inside the casing. Now it became a picture frame!

<"Why did you take a picture of your food? You're so weird, Shittyhead.">

"Just wait and watch, Blob," Zirkus said, smirking. "I'm sure Enzo will take my bait."

***

[SHE'S NOT here?]

Zirkus looked for Yelena Dover in the Elective Class that they took together, but he didn't find the Mermaid Princess.

[Did she already drop out?]