17: DEADLY TREASURE HUNT (4)

A SNOW SHOVEL.

Zirkus wondered why Yelena handed him a snow shovel. "Noonim, don't tell me this is the weapon we're going to use to dig the treasures?"

After all, Enzo and Yelena were also holding their own snow shovels.

"These are the only weapons left," Yelena explained kindly. "But don't worry, Zirkus. We need a shovel to dig the treasures, anyway."

Argh.

He suddenly felt guilty, even though Yelena and Enzo weren't saying anything.

[I'm pretty sure there are other more useful weapons we could use to dig treasures. But because I arrived late...]

Yelena was kind, so she wouldn't blame Zirkus.

However...

Zirkus turned to Enzo who looked like he was spacing out. "Are you not going to blame me? If you have any complaints, just say it. I will apologize properly."

Enzo looked at him as if he was wondering what he was talking about. "Blame you for what?"

"Because I was late, we got the worst weapons."

"A weapon is only useless if you don't know how to use it properly," Enzo said, scoffing. Then he looked at Zirkus with dead eyes. "And don't be too arrogant. Even if you are the deadweight of this team, you can't drag us down."

Wow...

[This scary bastard called me 'deadweight' without blinking.]

As expected of the future villain.

"Hey, you don't have to be mean," Yelena scolded Enzo. "This is why you only have Nixie and Rivo for friends."

"I don't want to hear that from someone who doesn't have friends."

"That's not true," Yelena said, then she turned to Zirkus with sparkling eyes. "I have Lovely and Zirkus."

Enzo scoffed. "Fish don't count as friends."

Yelena gasped in disbelief.

"Now you're being mean," Zirkus complained to Enzo. "I may look like a sheephead fish, but I'm human. Human, you hear me?"

Enzo gave him a look that said he had no idea what the fuck he was talking about.

On the other hand, Yelena smiled at him sympathetically. "Zirkus, Enzo is referring to Lovely– the dolphin that brought you here."

Oh, right.

The royal dolphin was named 'Lovely.' He almost forgot since he got defensive after getting used to Blob, the rude System, comparing him to a sheephead fish.

[In short, this is your fault, Blob.]

<"Kekeke! It's not my fault you look like an ugly fish, Shittyhead!">

"Now that I'm looking closely, you DO look like a sheephead fish," Enzo said, nodding while staring at Zirkus' face. "It's good to have self-awareness. I'm seeing you in a new light now, Huxford."

Zirkus' face turned red because, obviously, Enzo was making fun of him with a straight look on his face.

It actually scared him.

[Only psychopaths joke with a serious look on their faces.]

Yelena, on the other hand, suddenly burst out laughing. "Sorry. It's just that... Enzo's face looks funny when he's joking."

Huh???

Zirkus turned to Yelena in disbelief.

[Funny? Enzo actually looked like a murderer on the loose! And yet Noonim finds him "funny?"]