14: DEADLY TREASURE HUNT (1)

A CRUISE ship.

Zirkus was amazed while looking at the giant cruise ship that they would be boarding to get to 'Treasure Island.'

[Yeah, Klaus Irvin's family has a bland naming sense.]

They were as bad as Zirkus Huxford's parents who named him 'Zirkus.'

"Hey, where's the manuscript?"

Aigoo.

Zirkus turned around to face Enzo extending his hand to him. "It's in my luggage. I'll give it to you later once I unpack."

"Tsk."

"Aigoo," Zirkus complained while shaking his head. "Kids these days are so impatient."

"I already gave you your boarding pass," Enzo said. "Your cabin is next to mine, so give the manuscript to me as soon as you're done packing."

He just looked at the villain.

Actually, he was busy "people-seeing."

It was his first time outside the academy, so he was observing how people dressed outside.

In the academy, the students had two sets of uniforms: one, for classes. Two, the tracksuits they wore for the classes that required physical activities.

He thought the tracksuits were pretty modern in his opinion.

[It's already mentioned in the original novel that the setting of The Legendary Fisher didn't exist in the same world, hence I can't really tell what 'era' the timeline here resembles back in my previous life.]

The women around Zirkus at the moment wore light and modest dresses. There were various designs, but all of them had one thing in common: all the dresses fell past the ladies' knees. Ah, the ladies he had seen so far all wore ankle boots.

On the other hand, the men around wore light long-sleeved shirts and trousers paired with boots. Some men wore vests, some didn't.

But everyone, regardless of gender, wore a cloak.

It was the kind of cloak that has thermal magic to keep the wearer warm. After all, they already entered the cold season.

[In short, winter is coming.]

Even Zirkus and Enzo were both wearing cloaks.

"Hey, are you listening?" Enzo complained when he probably noticed that Zirkus wasn't paying attention. "Stop looking around like a pervert. You're scaring everyone."

Zirkus clicked his tongue. "I'm just looking around because it's my first time outside the academy in a long while.

[I need to find what people currently need in order to open a business later. Although Zirkus Huxford is from a rich family, it looks like he doesn't get along well with his older brother. If I quit the academy, I'm not sure if the Huxfords would still support me financially.]

Hence, he needed to make his own money soon.

"Enzo."

"What?"

Zirkus smiled at Enzo brightly. "Do you want to start a business with me?"

"No," Enzo said bluntly. "You totally look like a scammer, Zirkus Huxford."

***

[OH, WOW.]

Zirkus was genuinely surprised when he entered the cabin assigned to him on the cruise ship.