20: CRINGE FEST

[IT FUCKING hurts...]

Fortunately, Zirkus didn't break his skull when he hit Enzo's forehead.

And he also managed to push the future Disaster back.

Enzo covered his hurt forehead with his hands, his head hanging low as if he got disoriented from the headbutt.

[Did I hit him too hard?]

"Zirkus Huxford, do you have a death wish?"

Oh?

Enzo raised his head, his golden eyes glowing menacingly while glaring at him. "What did you do that for?"

"You're back," Zirkus said, relieved. "You almost got brainwashed, you know?"

Enzo just frowned and didn't talk back.

Ah, the future Disaster probably remembered almost attacking Klaus Irvin.

[Come to think of it, this might be the reason Enzo killed Klaus Irvin in the original novel– he must have been brainwashed into doing it.]

That made Zirkus wonder why the enemies resorted to this kind of trick.

[They're pretty cruel for forcing students to fight each other to death.]

There was nothing Zirkus hated in the world more than harming children.

His thoughts were interrupted when the ground suddenly shook hard.

When he turned around, he caught the sight of a monster emerging from a gigantic box that appeared out of nowhere– and it was a nine-foot troll.

A green-skinned troll.

Haaah.

Right.

Before the Sea Monsters from the Dungeons came, the people of this world had to deal with monsters like this troll.

[This is really a fantasy novel.]

"Enzo," Zirkus said, pointing at the monster in front of them. "Attack."

Enzo glared at him. "Am I your pet?"

[It's not the right time to complain, you pokemo– I mean, punk.]

"No, but you're the only person here who could fight that troll," Zirkus explained. "Yelena Noonim could knock it out in a second, but she's currently busy trying to kill Klaus Irvin."

He didn't bother to watch Yelena and Klaus Irvin's fight because he couldn't follow their fast movements anyway. All he could see was a spark of flashing lights each time the Mermaid Princess and the dragon clashed.

[My eyes are too normal for that shit.]

"Are you saying that Yelena Dover could beat that troll faster than I could?"

Oho?

What was this?

[Why is Enzo suddenly feeling competitive?]

Well, whatever the reason was, he decided to use that to his advantage.

"Yelena Noonim is really strong," Zirkus said enthusiastically, even clenching his fists. "I'm not so sure about you since you appear lazy to me, Enzo. But now that I'm watching Yelena Noonim dominate her fight against Klaus Irvin, I can tell that she's probably the strongest student in the academy. She's probably stronger than Rivo Creswell and Nixie Winslet!"

Okay, now he wasn't sure if he was exaggerating or not.

But his bluff seemed to be working as Enzo's golden eyes continued to ablaze.