18: DEADLY TREASURE HUNT (5)

<"TO ACTIVATE the Hidden Audio Recording, raise your right eyebrow. To activate the Spy Video Function, wink using your right eye. To activate the Spy Camera Function, wink using your left eye twice. To activate all three functions at the same time, blink three times.">

The fuck?

Raising his right eyebrow was no problem for Zirkus, but he couldn't wink even if his life depended on it.

[That's why I used to be a fan of Kpop idols who are so good at winking.]

Zirkus tried to wink using his left eye twice to get a "screenshot" of Enzo and Yelena, but he was pretty sure he just closed his eyes awkwardly in front of the two.

"Disgusting," Enzo said, frowning. "Are you trying to look uglier, Zirkus Huxford?"

Ouch.

[This bastard really doesn't shy away from insulting my face, huh?]

<"Enzo Fenton wasn't wrong, though. You really look uglier than normal right now. Kekeke!">

Zirkus just ignored Blob, the rude System.

"Don't mind him, Zirkus," Yelena said, smiling kindly at him. "May I know what you're trying to do... by closing your eyes awkwardly?"

"I'm trying to wink, Noonim," Zirkus confessed while scratching his head. "I need to wink to activate some functions of this Artifact."

"I can help you with that," Enzo offered. "Do you want me to?"

It was sus, but what choice did he have?

"How?" Zirkus asked, his voice full of suspicions. "Will you teach me how to wink?"

"I'll stab one of your eyes so that it will be easier for you to wink the other one left."

[This scary bastard, really.]

Zirkus didn't even have the energy to argue with Enzo and his violent thoughts, so he just quickly hid behind Yelena. "Noonim, do you know how to wink?"

"Wink?" Yelena asked, looking over her shoulder to meet her gaze. Then she smiled and winked at him. "Like this?"

Okay, seeing the Mermaid Princess wink made his heart flutter a bit.

But he quickly slapped himself to snap out of it.

[That's a child, Park Suho.]

Yelena was eighteen-years-old, an adult in this world. And Park Suho was only twenty-one when he transmigrated into this body.

[Even so, I don't want to be involved with people younger than me.]

"Noonim, how do you wink?" Zirkus asked helplessly. "Whenever I try to close one eye, I automatically blink."

Yelena was about to answer, but then her stomach suddenly growled loudly.

Enzo scoffed. "Glutton."

Yelena just laughed, her face turning red as if she was embarrassed. "Are you still up for some treasure hunting?"

"No– this Artifact is enough for me," Zirkus said. "Let's eat first, Noonim."

***

FORTUNATELY, the bag that Zirkus brought was waterproof.

Hence, the items inside didn't get wet.

He didn't bring his cooking tools with him, so he could only offer snacks to Enzo and Yelena Dover.