21: NEW FRIENDS(?) ACQUIRED

"ZIRKUS HUXFORD, wake up!"

Ouch!

Zirkus felt it when someone slapped him hard on the cheek. When he opened his eyes, he was surprised to see a teary-eyed Klaus Irvin. "Did you just slap me?"

He realized that he was using the dragon's lap as a pillow.

[This kid probably caught me before I hit the ground.]

"I thought you were dead!" Klaus Irvin said, sobbing. "You look uglier than normal after you fainted."

Wow, thanks.

To be honest, he couldn't really hear the dragon clearly.

[It must be the effect of Yelena's scream earlier.]

Zirkus was just reading Klaus Irvin's lips. It was a 'talent' that he developed when he was stalking celebrities as Park Suho. He had to read the celebrities' lips to gain juicy gossip.

[I'm not proud of it, but I can't deny the 'talent' I developed from it...]

"How long was I unconscious?"

"Under a minute, I guess?"

Huh?

He thought he fainted for a long time, and yet it had only been a minute since then.

[The fight isn't over yet.]

After all, he could hear painful groans left and right.

"Are you okay, Klaus Irvin?" Zirkus asked worriedly while looking at the kid's neck. It had red marks around it. But other than that, the dragon seemed alright. "Thank god Yelena Noonim didn't do any serious injury."

"Yelena almost got me when she strangled me with her water ability," Klaus Irvin said while wiping the tears off his face with his hands. "But, thankfully, she woke up before she dealt the final blow."

"I'm glad you weren't hit by Yelena's, uh, scream."

"As you can see during the fight, I'm good at blocking. Fortunately, I managed to create a barrier to block the sound," Klaus Irvin said, then he let out a sigh. "Why do you keep on worrying about me when you're the one injured here? You're frustrating, Zirkus Huxford. Even though I was rude to you all this time, you still think of me as a precious friend."

Fucking hell.

Zirkus almost died of cringe, and it was even more embarrassing because Klaus Irvin looked so sincere and moved by their "friendship."

[I'm starting to regret using the power of friendship concept here.]

He forgot that kids this age could be too emotional and idealistic.

"Wait," Zirkus said, getting up. "Let me check the others first."

The first thing she saw was Yelena fighting the red-haired leader of the enemies who ambushed them.

Surprisingly, his Noonim was using a shovel against the opponent's sword.

[Why are they suddenly using weapons?]

"I don't know how Yelena did it, but she nullified the Mana around when she screamed earlier," Klaus Irvin explained. "She also couldn't use her own Mana, so she's fighting with Aura."

But the Mermaid Princess was better at using her Mana than her Aura.

Hence, Yelena was getting pushed back by her opponent who was clearly at least a Sword Expert.

[That's the reason she left the academy in the original novel.]

Fortunately, the minions of the red-haired villain were knocked down by Yelena's scream earlier.