10: A TRANSMIGRATOR'S PURPOSE

"I TOLD Enzo that I'll tell the Vice-chairman about the tip that you gave me, then Enzo told me that he'd tell Sir Jesse to quietly summon the students who received a parcel that day."

[I knew it.]

Zirkus could now picture how Enzo Fenton managed to escape the inspection.

Since the villain already knew that there would be an inspection, Enzon Fenton probably got rid of his parcels of Sea Monsters first. Then the future Disaster probably grabbed random boxes that he brought to the inspection.

[Moreover, we weren't summoned right away. The effect of the shell-changing capsule that I took that day already wore off when we were asked to go to the training hall with our parcels. Enzo Fenton had plenty of time to get rid of the Sea Monsters in his possession.]

Zirkus could also picture Enzo Fenton hiring "suspicious men" to bring the boxes of Sea Monsters to the kitchen where they could easily get caught.

What an easy trick.

[Enzo Fenton pulled it off because Rivo Creswell and the teachers trusted him.]

"Senior, I was actually on my way to The Inkman's office when you saw me earlier," Zirkus said, acting shy and all. "I wanted to know what happened to the culprits after they were caught."

Rivo Creswell's face suddenly turned grim. "Blob, this is actually confidential information. I'm only sharing this with you because you have the right to know. But please promise me you won't leak this information to other people. Even the executives of The Inkman have received the hush-hush order."

"Of course, Senior," Zirkus said, smiling as if he was innocent and trust-worthy. "I promise to keep it a secret. I'll even carry it to the grave."

"No need to go that far, kid," the hero said while laughing and shaking his head. But he instantly turned serious. "The culprits got away."

Zirkus pretended to be shocked even though he already expected that Enzo Fenton's people had already gotten away. After all, the Journalism Club didn't have a follow-up report about the incident. "How did they get away, Senior? Some of our instructors here are Swordmasters."

"I know," Rivo Creswell agreed while shaking his head. "The academy is already investigating about the incident quietly. But they're having a hard time because there was no witness."

Ah, right.

[CCTVs don't exist in this world.]

But, as far as Zirkus knew, there were Holy Artifacts here that could serve as a camera or video camera. Even the Holy Artifacts that served as a communication device could be compared to an old phone that could only be used to make video calls.

Those things were expensive, but Zirkus Huxford was rich.

[I should rummage through his belongings later.]

"Don't worry, Senior," Zirkus said in an attempt to root for the hero. "I'm sure the teachers and the authority will catch the culprits soon. And we have you, Senior. You're the top student in the academy. Even if something like that happens again, I'm certain you'll protect us."

"You're giving me too much credit, Blob," Rivo Creswell said, but he was smiling as if he was shy but flattered. "Thank you."

"It's nothing, Senior."

"I can't take all the credit here," the hero said in a serious tone. "Blob, let's go. The academy needs to know that it was you who gave the tip."

Zirkus waved his hands while shaking his head, all the while acting as if he would die from embarrassment. "No, it's really alright, Senior. I don't need the credit since I already did what I have to for the sake of the academy."