5: SOMETHING SMELLS FISHY

ZIRKUS thought he actually had talent in writing fiction.

He originally planned to make a novel out of famous manga about a blond ninja. But his conscience couldn't handle it. So, he just used it as an "inspiration" to create a rip-off– er, a slightly original piece of work.

[It's called 'Garuto and the Hidden Soul Village.']

Was the story also inspired by a certain orange-haired death reaper?

[No comment.]

Anyway, he already finished the three chapters that Enzo Fenton demanded.

[Now I'm hungry.]

It was true that he didn't get tired, hungry, or sleepy while his <Trash Reporter Skill> was in use. However, as soon as he deactivated his skill, the fatigue caught up to him. He fell asleep and when he opened his eyes, it was already noon.

[I miss my morning classes.]

But he was so hungry when he woke up. So, instead of hurrying up to his afternoon classes, he leisurely went to the school dining hall to have brunch.

Much to his surprise, the 'Heavenly Trio' was there.

Argh.

[Their cheesy title gives me goosebumps.]

"But I wonder why they're only having lunch now?" Zirkus whispered to himself. After he pressed the 'steak' on the menu board displayed like a poster on the wall, he then tapped his silver bracelet on the magic device similar to a computer tablet next to it. "It's already an hour past lunch."

"The academy gave the Heavenly Trio a special schedule," the lunch lady who was busy putting a juicy steak on Zirkus' plate said. "Whenever the Heavenly Trio is in the dining hall, the students go crazy..." The lunch lady raised her head to look at him, then she suddenly turned pale as if she had seen a ghost. "I-I apologize, Young Master Huxford! I didn't realize it was you! I'm sorry for running my mouth!"

Zirkus was about to tell the lunch lady that she had nothing to apologize for, but someone talked to him from behind.

"Huxford, are you bullying the lunch ladies now?"

He turned around and saw Nixie Winslet.

"I'm not bullying anyone," Zirkus said, then his gaze went past Nixie Winslet. "Classmate!"

Of course, he was greeting Enzo Fenton who wasn't his friend yet.

Rivo Creswell was standing next to the future villain, but he had no business with the hero so he only greeted his 'Classmate.'

[I didn't even notice that the Heavenly Trio is already behind me until Nixie Winslet spoke.]

Scary kids.

"Huxford, what do you need from Enzo?" Rivo Creswell asked, standing in front of Enzo Fenton to block him from Zirkus' view. "I thought we already warned you to leave our friend alone?"

[Aigoo.]

Look at Rivo Creswell and Nixie Winslet protect Enzo Fenton as if the crazy bastard wouldn't end the world in the future "just because."

[Enzo Fenton is too good at acting innocent.]

And it probably didn't help that Zirkus had the face of a criminal.

"Rivo, Nixie, aren't you being too harsh on me?" Zirkus complained, addressing the hero and the heroine as if they were his close friends. "Didn't I already tell you that I just wanted to be friends with Enzo Fenton?"