New things

**1 hour later**

Lando's pov

"Okay Lando, you're losing some pace in turn 8" I hear Andrew Jarvis over the board radio. "Okay, copy that Andrew" I answer as I turn into turn 10. It's Free Practice 1. I turn into turn 15, "why is the Red Bull in my way?" I say irritated. "Break of your lap Lando, box box, I repeat box box!" God dammit Andrew I think. I come into the pits, turn of the engine and they roll my car into the garage.

I see that Emma got the fastest lap, that's great she was the one for me. But still I was impressed because of the fastest lap, a 1:31.981 impressing right? Compared to Bottas' fastest lap, he had a lap of 1:32.090.

Emma's pov

I look I'm the mirror and I see a McLaren coming closer, shit I'm in the way. I see him break of his round and go to the pits. I felt awful. "Okay Emma I want you to go for your flying lap right now" I hear Cristian Horner say over the board radio. "Copy that boss" I say back and I begin my flying round. When I come over the start/finish I ask "how fast was this round?" It was silent. "Guys?" I ask "That's a 1:31.981 the fastest time, you're first!" I hear Cristian excited say over the board radio. "Omg really?" I ask excited to. "We're really impressed Emma!" I hear Hugh Bird my engineer say over the board radio. "Thanks Hugh and thank you all!" I say. Dad will be so proud I think to myself! He is a real grumpy man is never impressed and rarely proud of me, but Max is his angel, his no.1 I hope I can make him proud with the fastest lap.

After I came back to the pits I see Max running up to me, he picked me up and threw me in the air. "I'm so fucking proud of you Ems!" He says exciting. "Thanks Maxie" I say. I see dad coming from the garage, Max put me down and I walk over to Dad. "Dad, dad did you see my flying round?!" I ask I'm excited. "Yeah I saw it Emma" he said with a sigh not even with a smile. I looked disappointed at me "Arn't you proud dad?" I ask him, "couldn't you do better?" He said. Yup that's my dad never proud of me. "Dad! She did so well!" I hear Max say next to me. "She did better then Bottas!" Said Max. He had a 1:32.090 I see on the screen. "Hmpf fine, you did good but not great, so much time difference isn't there" my dad pointed at the screen. "Thanks dad, thanks for never being proud of me" I say and I walk to my drivers room and call my mom.

"Hi sweety" I hear my mom say when she picked up. "Did you see my flying lap in Free Practice 1?" I say excited "yes I saw it sweetheart I was just gonna call you, I'm so proud of you baby!" My mom said excited for me. Luckily one of my parents is proud of me. "Thanks mom!" I say. "What did your dad say? Is he proud of you? He can't not be proud of you!" She asked me, I say "mom you know dad you had been married to him for 12 years! He wasn't proud of me, he never is". "Don't say that sweety he is proud of you, he just doesn't show it." She said. "Mom, he always shows Max how proud he is of him, he never does that to me" I say in defence. "I'm sure he is sweetheart, but I have to go now, work to do! Good luck at Practice 2" she said. "Thanks mom, love you" I say. "Love you to" I hear before she hangs up. I don't see my mom very often anymore after she divorced my dad and I had to race further from home.

I hear a knock on my door. "Come in" I say. Max comes with his head around the door. "Come sissy next practice!" He says. "Coming!" I say. I'm not nervous anymore, yeah for the race and qualifying but that is something to worry about later. I get in the car, "radio check" I hear Hugh say. "Radio check" I say back. "Copy Emma" he says. "Nervous" he asks "not anymore" I say laughing. When I look to the right I see Lando walking, he sees me and waves, I wave back. Dammit he is so cute, but I know I can never have him.

Lando's pov

I see Emma sitting in her car, I see she is looking my way. I wave at her, she waves back. Dang it why is she so beautiful although I can't see her face because of the helmet I still picture those beautiful light blue with a hint of green eyes staring into mine. I sank away in my thoughts until I felt an hand on my shoulder. I jumped a little, it was Carlos. "Did I scare you?" He asks laughing because I got scared. "No you didn't muppet" I say pushing him. "Haha yeah you did, you were staring at Emma, weren't you?" He says still laughing. I felt myself going red "no I didn't" I say being as red as an tomato. Carlos bursted out laughing. "Shut up" I say laughing with him a little embarrassed.