A misunderstanding

Emma's pov

The flight to Monaco went smoothly, it was faster then normal. We were only flying for 19 hours instead of 21 hours. When we get back to Monaco I go home with Kelly and Penelope. I unpack my suitcase and go to bed. Max has to stay for 2 weeks in the hospital then he comes home. He has a concussion, 2 broken ribs and a bruised ankle from the crash.

The doctors were surprised he didn't have more issues because it was a big crash. Because me and Kelly were so busy planning and arranging things so Max can come home, I haven't much time to stay in contact with other people. The biggest issue was that I have to leave for a race two days before Max comes home. The GP of Spain is on the 9th of May. So I have to leave with the team on Wednesday, Max comes home on the Friday.

I'm so stressed because of it, because I don't want Kelly to have to take care of Max and P. "I'm gonna be fine Emma!" Kelly says to me while we set up the hospital bed in the living room. "I know, but you have to take care of P and of Max! That's a lot Kel!" I say to her. "And you have a professional racing career! You have to race Emma." Kelly says making the bed. "Fine, I'll do it." I say to her. "Good, how late will you be leaving tomorrow?" Kelly asks me. Is Tuesday the 4th of May.

"They are picking me up at 12 pm." I answer Kelly. "Then we go to Max at 10 am" she says and walks to the kitchen to make diner. "Auntie Ems, can you help me colour this race car?" P asks looking up from her Red Bull colouring book. "Yes ofcourse P!" I say to her. I walk over and see she has a colouring page of my car, I help her colour it in. We made it really colourful. After we finish she asks me to rip it out of the colouring book, I do it carefully so I don't rip the paper.

"Thanks Auntie! Now I can give it to Maxie tomorrow!" She says with a smile and runs upstairs. I smile and begin to pick up the pencils and put them into the craft drawer. We call down P for diner. We eat some delicious chicken and salad. After diner I go and put Penelope to bed. When I come down Kelly had set up a Movie night for us. We watch a movie until it's 11 pm. "I'm going to bed!" I say to her. " me to, goodnight Emma!" She says. "Goodnight Kelly!" I say back.

I walk up to my room and put on my pj's. I check my phone which I hadn't checked in 4 days. A lot of notifications of instagram, TikTok and Snapchat. I have some messages from Charlotte and Isa. And a lot of Messages of Lando. I swipe them all away and put my phone down and go to sleep.

The next morning I wake up at 7 am, I pack my last things in my suitcase and walk with it downstairs. "Morning Emma!" Kelly says to me from the kitchen. "Morning Kelly!" I say to her. I go sit down and Kelly passes me the bread and the cheese. "I'm going to wake up P." Kelly says as she walks out of the kitchen. I check my phone, it's 8.50 am, I open Lando's texts from the past days.

_________________________________________________________
Lando😊
Last online today: 8.36 am

Sunday May 1st
2 pm: Hey Emma! How is Max doing?

Monday May 2nd
10.30 am: Hey, are you okay?
5.07 pm: Em, please answer me.

Yesterday
9.46 am: Emma, I'm really worried rn.
3.31 pm: I just wanna know that you're alright.
11.49 pm: Are you also flying to Spain tomorrow?

Today
6 am: You probably don't wanna talk to me right?
8.34 am: I'll leave you alone, I'll see you on the track this weekend.
__________________________________________________________

What did he mean by: 'I'll leave you alone?' I can't do anything about it I'm busy and nod been checking my phone. I leave him on seen and turn off my phone. I don't want drama I already have drama to deal with with my brother. "Auntie Ems!" P says sleepy in Kelly's arms when they walk down the stairs. Kelly puts her down and P runs to me to hug me. I hug her tight.