A nightmare turns into a dream

Sorry lady's and gentleman, we saw it wrong it was an Mercedes not an Alpha Tauri! We just heard it, the drivers are Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen!

Emma's pov

I see parts of cars flying around, I see the two cars that crashed into each other spin around and crash into the wall. One of the cars gets Sandwiched between the wall and the other car. I can't see which cars it are, there is to much dust coming from the gravel. "Emma red flag, I repeat red flag." I hear Hugh my engineer say over the board radio. I drive slowly to the pits.

Right before I drive into the pit lane I can see someone climb out of one of the cars, it's Lewis out of his Mercedes. The other one is still sandwiched between the Mercedes and the wall. I can just see Lewis climbing on the other car and leaning of the halo over that car. I drive into the pits. "Em are you okay?" Lando asks worried after I climb out of my car.

"Yeah why wouldn't I be? Have you seen Max?" I ask him looking around. "Em" Lando says with a sad face and holds my hands. "No, you're joking, he isn't sandwiched there right?" I say looking at Lando with tears in my eyes. "Tell me he isn't in there!" I say yelling at him now crying crocodile tears. "I-I wish I could Em." He says sad and pulls me into a hug.

"I don't want to lose him Lando" I cry into his shoulder. "He's so strong Em, he can get trough this." He says still holding me tight. The other drivers come to us and hug me to. Here we are standing with 18 out of the 20 drivers hugging each other in silence, me and Lando in the middle. "Emma!" I hear Lewis scream from a distance he limps towards us. Everyone let go and I run to Lewis. "Emma he's awake, you can see him before he goes to the hospital." I run after Lewis.

When I come close to the stretcher where Max is laying on, I see him smile at me. "Hey big bro!" I say crying moving some hairs out of his face. He takes my hand. "You're driving this race, okay" he says weak groaning because of the pain. "But I wanna go with-" I can't speak further. "No Em you're racing for the team, do it for me please?" He says coughing because of the smoke he had breathed in with puppy eyes. "Okay fine" I say laughing and still crying. He closes his eyes again.

"I'll do it for you" I whisper in his ear crying as I hug him. I see him get rolled into the ambulance, Lewis gives me a quick hug and steps into the ambulance. They may be enemies on the grid but not in person. I walk back to Lando and the rest and I hug Lando tight.

Lando's pov

"I-I wish I could Em." I say sad as I pull her into a hug. "I don't want to lose him Lando." She cries into my shoulder. "He's so strong Em, he can get trough this." I say still holding her tight. I would do anything for her to get this pain away from her. The other drivers come and hug us to.

"Emma!" We hear Lewis scream as he limps towards us. We let Emma go and she runs up to him. They walk to the ambulance probably to see Max. I leave her alone for this. After some time I see the ambulance drives away. Em walks back to us, I was surprised I thought she got into the ambulance. She hugs me tight.

"Please, please drive save" she whispers to me. "I'm a really careful driver Em!" I say to her laughing. "I thought you were going with him to the hospital." I ask her. "He wants me to drive, I complete this race for him." She says and lets me go. She walks to her car where her balaclava and helmet lay on. She puts them on and hops in the car.

Emma Verstappen gets back in her car! She is the real man on the grid here! We hear the reporter say.

I walk over to Em, "are you sure you can do this? I mean this can be-" I can't finish my sentence because Em starts the engine of her car and gives gas so it makes a hard sound. Probably so she couldn't hear me. I grab her hand, she looks at me. "Good luck Em, be careful please" I say to her, she squeezes my hand.