A little chaos in France

**two days later (Saturday the 2nd of June)**

Emma's pov

It's quali day! I'm a little nervous but also excited, it started to rain a bit durning FP3 but I managed to drive the 2nd time behind my brother on sliks in the rain. I'm in my driver room preparing for qualifying, I hear a knock on the door. "Come in!" I say when I turn around I see Charlotte Lando's PR manager standing in the door frame and I see Raymond standing behind her. "I-is everything alright? Is Lando okay?!" I ask worried. "No no he is fine, he doesn't know I told Raymond yet that I know about you guys Lando is coming over here in a few sec-" Charlotte tries to say but gets interrupted by Lando.

"Are you okay?" He asks me worried and walks over to me. "Yeah I'm fine! I was worried when Charlotte got here!" I say to him. "Okay sit down you two." Raymond says and closes the door behind him. "So Emma you are worried about the hiding thing and Lando already said you guys are also friends so the fans and the media won't suspect a thing, but" Charlotte begins. "But have you guys forgotten about the kiss you guys shared on live tv in Hungary?" Raymond says. Fucckkkkkkk I forgot about that! "No we haven't, well I haven't. You?" I ask Lando. "Uhm no." Lando says.

"So we want you guys when you guys get interviewed and a question about that pops up to say that you guys were a little caught up in the moment and it was meant to be a hug and Lando misunderstood and he kissed you again." Charlotte says. "O-okay!" I say a little nervous, my leg starts to shake. Lando lays his hand on that leg and gives me a reassuring look. "It's just so fucking complicated!" I say a little emotional and I stand up. "I'm also the first female here and what if they think that I fucked myself into it? Because this relationship is going to pop-up eventually for the media and I'm also in the same team as my brother so they already have to think about me and my family buying me into it and-" I say and start to breathe heavier.

"Em stop!" Lando says and pulls me into a hug. "You're just making it harder for yourself now love." He whispers to me. He calms me down and lets go of me. "You're right." I say with a sigh and sit back down. "We'll go now." Charlotte says and she and Raymond leave the room. Lando wants to go away too but I stop him. Raymond closes the door. "Sorry I just, I can't handle anything with stress and hard things." I say to him. "It's okay, I had that too. And you're still also a rookie in F1 so you want to make the perfect appearance all the time! I get it love." Lando says and kisses the back of my hand. I giggle and kiss hem gently on the lips.

He kisses me back, just as we make out for a little bit my brother yells from the other side of the door. "EM GET OUT! QUALIFYING ALMOST STARTS!" Max yells. "Fuck" Lando says under his breath. "COMING MAX, ONE SECOND!" I yell back. I sneak Lando out of my driver room and my garage, he runs to his own garage. I put on my balaclava, headrest and helmet. I get in my car and put on my gloves. "What song shall we play today Emma?" One of my mechanics asks. Before every qualifying and race they play a song I like for motivation. "Let's do River by BRKN LOVE" I say. "On it!" He says and puts the song on.

'How do you fall in love?
Harder then a bullet could hit you
How do we fall apart
Faster then a hairpin trigger

Don't you say, don't you say it
Don't say, don't you say it
One breath, it'll just break it
So shut your mouth and run me like a river

Shut your mouth, baby, Stand and deliver
Holy hands, will they make me a sinner?
Like a river, like a river
Shut your mouth and run me like a river

Choke this love 'til the veins start to shiver
One last breath, 'til the tears start to wither
Like a river, like a river
Shut your mouth and run me like a river'

(This isn't the whole song just to say it ;))

I sing along with the whole song, when it's over we still have 5 minutes before we can go out on track. They give me the sign to drive to the pit lane lights. I'm the tenth there, I'm behind Gasly in the Alpha Tauri. I wait patiently for the drivers before me to enter the track. The lights turn green and one by one we drive onto the track. I drive my out lap and push. I drive the first time beating my brother, I do a few other laps and go back to the pits. I'm through to Q2, I qualified P3 in Q1. The drivers that didn't go to Q2: P20 Antonio Giovinazzi (Alfa Romeo), P19 Nikita Mazepin (Haas), P18 Lance Stroll (Alpine), P17 Alex Albon (Williams) and P16 Nico Hülkenberg (Alfa Romeo).