I can't help liking him

**the next day**

Emma's pov

I wake up to my alarm, it's 11 am. It's race day today. I need to win this race so I'm leading the championship! I hop in the shower and put on my Red Bull polo. I look outside, grey clouds. I put on denim jeans and grab my Red Bull cap. I walk downstairs for breakfast. I have my headphones on with my favourite playlist blasting hard.

My mood quickly changes when I see Lando with that girl again. She is all over her. I thought we had something special, I know we aren't together but we had our moments. He isn't bothered by her, what annoys me even more. He looks so happy to be with her.  I sit on the table far away from them still with my music blasting. After 10 minutes I feel someone sitting next to me, I look to my left, it's Daniel.

He imitates someone taking of their headphones. I take them off and we talk and laugh for a little. "I'm leaving Red Bull next year" Daniel says. "Awww bummer, I'm gonna miss you Danny!" I say, I hug him. I feel eyes burning in my back, I turn around to see Lando looking jealous my way. He looks away when he sees me looking. I look back at Daniel and smile because that Lando is jealous of me and Daniel. Daniel is to old for me. The race is at 3 pm this afternoon. It is currently 12 pm. Me and Daniel decide to hang by the pool for a bit.

I'm tanning and suddenly I see Lando and that girl walking to the pool. Ugh it's hard not to look or talk to someone when they are everywhere. I really want to talk with him but I don't want Max more mad at me then he already is. At 1 pm I go to my room to shower and change into my clothes again. Walk with Daniel and Raymond to the track.
I smile and wave to our fans who are standing behind fences. I sign some t-shirts and caps then it's time to go to my driver room. I change into my racing suit, it's raining so we do our reaction training inside.

It's now 2.30 pm. I walk into my garage, I see they put on the full wet tyres. I ask my mechanics and engineer if we can put under inters. They did, I was happy I can drive on inters in the rain I always did that in F2. Everyone starts on full wets well everyone except me ofcourse.

Hello and welcome to the Circuit of Suzuka in Japan! We're excited! If Emma Verstappen wins this race she is first in the championship. It's raining here in Suzuka. Everyone starts on full wets. Wait no not eveyone, haha Emma Verstappen is a Dare Devil, she starts on the inters.

When the reporter said that everyone looked shocked to my car which was already on the grid. I walk past Lando's McLaren which is standing on P4. I walk to my car and step in it. They put an umbrella above my head. The lights turn green, formation lap. When we get back and stand still the lights go on. I wait, when they turn off I smash my foot on the gas.

AND ITS LIGHTS OUT AND AWAY WE GO, HERE IN SUZUKA! WE GO INTO TURN ONE, WOW WHAT AN OVERTAKE MANOEUVRE FROM LEWIS HAMILTON ON EMMA VERSTAPPEN. BUT EMMA ISNT GONNA LET THAT SLIDE SO EASY, SHE TAKES THE LEAD IN THE RACE AGAIN AND DRIVES AWAY FROM HAMILTON, UNBELIEVABLE AND THAT ON INTERS! SHE IS THE ALPHA ON THE GRID.

I smile when I drive away fast from Hamilton on my inters. After 5 laps I'm already 4 seconds away from him. The one after the other goes to pit for the inters. On Lap 20 I'm 10 seconds away from the rest. "This is a little boring not gonna lie Hugh." I say laughing over the radio. "Haha I get that Emma, how is the weather?" Hugh asks laughing. "It's better I think we can switch to softs in a few laps." I say as I turn into turn 18 driving on the main straight. "Okay copy Emma." Hugh says.

I drive a few more laps. "Okay Emma we're waiting to pit until your on 15 seconds away from Hamilton so you're not far behind him after the pitstop" Hugh says. "Reasonable, copy that!" I say back. After a few laps I hear over the board radio. "Box Box" I come into the pit lane. I come back on the track behind Lewis and before Lando. I guess he overtook Valtteri. I drive to Hamilton on my softs and overtake him in turn 6.