Chapter 22: Goodbye...

04/07/1639, Secret Forest, Esthirant, Parpladia Empire. 08:08 PM.

A gorgeous short white-haired woman in a black uniform rides in a crimson automobile; she is Prime Minister Prinzesana, the Parpladia Empire's first female prime minister. Her face was concerned as she was informed by Elto that Remille had not yet returned home. Except for Prinzesana, no one knows where she runs.

I hope you're there...

There is only her in the car. Her driver volunteered to accompany her to a remote and dangerous location, but she declined for a variety of reasons.

She came to a halt in front of the green-colored tree. She gets out of the car and locks it so that no one can steal it, then she walks along the route. The road is dark and dreary since she is in the dense secret forest that not everyone has access to. Because it is rumored that someone committed suicide in this woodland, it is off-limits to everybody but the Parpladia Empire's royal line. Prime Minister Prinzesana is not a scared girl; she is not religious, but it is common for her to stroll alone in the dark and alone; she is not afraid since she always carries handguns and knives in her black bag.

As she proceeded through the dense forest, she came to a halt exactly in front of the wooden holes, which were so small that she had to crawl through them. She enjoys physical activity and in fact, she is not as tall as her mother. She begins crawling on the little size of holes without further thought; the holes are dark, but she can see a lightness at the end of the holes.

I can sense her presence... Yes, she has to be in here... She must be in our secret camp...

As she neared the end of the holes, she rose and noticed Remille standing in the center, staring at the five sculptures that resembled themselves, the middle statue resembling Emperor Ludius. Remille did not pray at the statues; she simply stood there with a mournful gaze. The room is small, and Prinzesana can hear her crying; her tears are falling to the ground, which is made of enchanted stone.

Prinzesana took a deep breath before approaching Remille; she knew she was in horrible shape and a bad mood, and she didn't want to interfere with her alone time, but she had no alternative because the inhabitants of the Parpladia Empire wanted her to appear.

She grabs Remille's shoulder, "Miss Remille, are you okay?"

Remille was taken aback by her abrupt presence from behind, and she was too stuttering to respond, "I-I-I um, uh, I-I am... I-I am f-"

"Ssshhh...," Prinzesana grabs her closer and holds her. Calm down, Miss Remille, everything will be OK... You can cry on me, just let your tears fall on me... "I can feel your pain..."

Remille fell into tears on Prinzesana's shoulder, unable to hold back her sobs as all of her agony had already turned to despair in her head. Prinzesana cried silently as well; she was too tired to weep, and she cried while soothing Remille.

After they had both calmed down or stopped crying, Remille smiled at Prinzesana and said, "Thank you for calming me down, you are truly my best friend forever."

"You're welcome, we'll be best friends, not even death will separate us," Prinzesana responded.

Both of them then take a seat on the stone chair in front of the five sculptures.

"Every time I see his statue, I will always remember how he smiles at me, wish he was still on our side," Remille exhales.

"He still exists, perhaps as a ghoul or... He is observing us from above in peace..."

"Hmm... Yeah, I agree with that, I felt he watches us from above... Can I ask you a question, Prinzesana?"

"Yes, what is it?" said Prinzesana with a smile.