Chapter 28: Encirclement

04/09/1639, Rofoh Checkpoint, 10:40 AM.

Naima Ganem and Ahmur Sualtras arrived at the last location where the Altaras had assembled, but the area was so packed that they both attempted to find an alternate route.

"Both of you!" One of Altaras' Army members shouted, looking exhausted and agitated.

They both glance at the soldier, intrigued.

"I see both of you capable weapons, if you both accept being volunteers of Altaras Defender, then we will give you a bonus when all of this is over."

Ahmur Sualtras looks at Naima Ganem; he does not mind volunteering, but what about her? She simply nodded and added, "Okay, we both agreed to your offer."

One of the Altaras Army members tossed the rope, nearly hitting the ground.

"Climb the rope, we destroy the stairs so those mummies won't get us to this Balcony."

Both of them climbed the rope to the balcony. The ropes were brought back to avert a dangerous attempt to scale the skyscraper.

"Thank you, soldier..." Naima Ganem exclaimed, fatigued from rising.

"It was our pleasure. Hey, aren't you an Altaras athlete called Ahmur Sualtras?" One of Altaras' troops enquired.

"Yes, that's my name." Ahmur Sualtras smirked.

"I'm a fan of you, bro, and I always attend your international Olympics... Anyway, thanks for both of you deciding to assist us; despite our exhaustion, we aren't deficient in ammunition.

"I see, that's a good thing for now, and how many Altaras Army around here?" Ahmur Sualtras enquired.

"Only less than 100 Altaras Army, most of them sent to other sectors but we already called reinforcement so we only need to hold until 1 pm."

"Ssh.... I heard something..." Said Naima Ganem.

They heard a rumbling of mummies wielding weapons. Everyone reloads their weapon and prepares to pull the trigger.

"We still need to evacuate about 100 Altaras people. We're still unable to seal the gate because of them." Said one of Altara's warriors.

"Machine guns ready sir." Said the machine gun operator.

"Alright then, everyone, open fire!"

Bratatatatatata!!!!!!!!

All of the mummies began running at the Rofoh Checkpoint. Those mummies were primarily braindead and planned to fire from close range. Some mummies are cunning enough to hide and fire from a distance, but the majority of them are shot down by Ahmur Sualtras' magical bolt action rifle, which is equipped with a unique 5x sight.

"They get closer, I will handle them."

She points her submachine guns at mummies attempting to climb the building; she has a grenade, but it cannot destroy the structure, so she chooses not to use it at close range.

Bratatatatata!!!!!!

More mummies die by magical bullets. Several minutes later, no other mummies approached them.

"It's over... For now, you both can take ammunition inside this building... And take a rest." Said the Altaras Soldier in relief.

= = =

Altaras skies, Altaras Kingdom, 10:42 AM.

A major battle occurred when additional golems were born, but in the skies, the Altaras side is gaining ground as the Pal Chimera: Orano prepares to launch a final strike on the Ephialtes Moon.