Chapter 27: The Ephialtes Moon

04/09/1639, Wolliw Plain, Altaras Kingdom, 10:15 A.M.

As the World Union Marine Corps marched through the dust, they could sense a powerful sandstorm approaching them. Fortunately, it did not strike the World Union Marine Corps out of nowhere. The sandstorm resembles a broader ring and shows something terrifying and powerful.

"Is that... Mummies of Tyrannosaurus Rex?!"

"GRAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!"

Those who have lived in Gloria for a long time may regard it as a big lizard, but to Earthlings, it is a Tyrannosaurus rex with a magical bone and powerful sand. They call it Mummies T. Rex.

"GRAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!"

Mummies T. Rex lifts its mouth to the sky, unleashing a long and violent sandstorm that smacks onto one of World Union LAV-L. Fortunately, it caused very modest damage due to World Union defense technologies.

"Open fire!"

Bratatatatat!!!!!

The entire World Union Marine Corps fired photon bullets at the animals. It gradually affects the creatures, but it's over when one of the World Union snipers hits its heart.

"Alright, advance, now!"

The World Union Marine Corps continued to march till they reached the back entrance of Pyrmaid Hukfraz.

= = =

???, Le Brias, Altaras Kingdom, 10:20 AM.

"King Taara, are you sure we will use this thing?" One of the leading Altaras scientists enquired.

"This demonstrates Altaras Kingdom's strength... Prepare the Pal Chimera, Orano."

"Yes, my King... We prepare it carefully and quickly."

A flying battleship known as Pal Chimera: Orano has just left the Secret Underground of Altaras Kingdom. This Pal Chimera was not much different from Pal Chimera on the Rodenius Continent, but due to a technical issue, it moves slower than another variant of Pal Chimera. Despite its slower speed, it was outfitted with unique cannons designed by an Altaras researcher.

= = =

Pyramid Hukfraz, Altaras Kingdom, 10:22 AM.

Theokatalpammy launched her black whip into the skies, aiming it for the World Union Marine Jet Fighter, but it was too quick and strong for her to hurt any of them.

Tch, not even a whip can hurt those aircraft. We need to be faster and manufacture more-

"Mommy, we have bad news. Those darn humans outnumber us on the back front; we need extra reinforcements to keep them from reaching the back gate of this pyramid.

"I'm surprised they can get closer at the back gate..." They were all massacred. Allow him to chew those darn people."

"Yes, Mommy..."

"As for you... Don't hold it, my dear kid; I'm sure it's heavy for you. Let it go."

"Yes, mommy..."

The moon showed a black maw and red eyes, the creature's creepiest appearance yet. The moon released a few black stones from its mouth, which grew into a terrifying golem.

The Golems are heading towards the Altaras army, each with arm cannons in their right hand capable of firing charge bullets in less than 10 seconds.

"There must be a commanding golem among them, but whatever it is don't fight them in close range."

Colonel Rossabia, the leader of the Private Altaras Army, attacks golems with its magical submachine guns, which appear to be more efficient than magical bolt action rifles and holy swords due to their magical fire rate and bullet sharpness improvement.