•2•

Ema unlocked the door to the coffee shop and did her usual opening routine.

Putting her hair up and putting music on, since she opens alone most days.

She liked those days.

She could do her own thing and do it well without worrying about the other person.

She turned in some chill music and began the process.

Preheating ovens and such, putting chairs down and cleaning the dining room, counting money for the register, cleaning the display case glass and setting out the bakery items, making coffee for iced coffee, and basically other cleaning tasks that weren't fun.

She didn't mind opening because of how quiet the morning was.

~~

Flipping the sign and unlocking the door, it was not surprise when almost instantly people came in to get a coffee in before their work days.

Ema quickly helped everyone one and noticed the blonde guy from before was there again.

"Hello again." He smiled.

"What can I get for you," Ema smiled.

"Black coffee."

"For your coworker?"

He nodded. "He's not the friendship making type so I'm trying bribery."

Ema chuckled and poured him some coffee.

"Have a good day," Ema gave the man a small smile and watched as he walked out.

"How can I help you?"

~~

A cigarette was between her lips and a big coffee besides her.

She was outside and trying to keep her eyes open long enough before her break was over. She grumbled and took a good chug of coffee before throwing her hoodie on.

The cigarette warmed her up slightly but she was still freezing.

She took a deep inhale and watched as people walked by.

She tried not to judge, actually, she did judge.

She watched as heroes and civilians walked by and tried to listen to tidbits of their conversations. It was interesting hearing their stories and little details of their lives.

She watched as an attractive guy walked by. She secretly checked him out and found his long hair and stubble very attractive.

She averted her eyes when he looked at her and she hoped he would leave her alone.
And god answered her prayers because he just kept walking.

"Ema," the girl turned and saw her manager walking over.

"Hey Hana." Ema liked her manager Hana. She was really sweet and gorgeous with king black hair and dark eyes. And she did her job well and always tried sending Ema home early, even though Ema fought against it.

"I was told I'd find you out here."

"Yeah." Ema felt her face heat up when the younger girl caught her smoking.

"Tanaka wanted to work til 9 but your the 9'o clocker and I was wondering if you minded getting off at 8?"

Typically Ema would argue but she was tired.

"Fine."

"I'll give you free coffee."

"I already get free coffee."

Hana giggled and walked back in.

Ema looked at her timer and stopped it before it went off.

She smashed the cigarette under her converse and walked back inside.

~~

Walking into the library, Ema narrowed her eyes.

She disliked the library. She always felt like those that used the library thought they were better because they were in a library.

She kept her head down, using her hair to hide her face as she made her way to the math text book section.

She hated studying. It was one of her least favorite things.

But it was necessary. And she needed all A's so she could hopefully get a good agency.

She sat at a table in the corner and brought her notebook out and her water bottle that held coffee that she could sip.

She opened the textbook and began her hour long study.

After an hour, Ema rubbed her eyes and reread the notes she had just taken.

They made little sense, but she was doing all the equations correct so she was happy.

She turned to the more advanced problems and rubbed her face.

It was going to be a long session.

She brought her headphones out and really intended to learn whatever the numbers and letters meant.

She chugged the rest of her coffee and began.

~~

"You bring X over Y not the other way around." A bored voice startled Ema. She was so focused she didn't realize the presence behind her.

It was the guy from earlier. The hot one.

"Um?" She felt her face heat up and had a hard time looking at the stranger.

He had one hand in the back of her chair as he pointed.

"X goes over because X is the unknown quantity. Y is the mass." He pointed.

He smelled really good. Ema focused up and erased her work and quickly used his method.

It worked.

"Thanks." She said.

He nodded and walked off.

Ema definitely stared longer than she should have but she couldn't shake the butterfly's he had given her.

~~

Aizawa didn't know why he had talked to the girl, but he did and he regretted it.

Correcting her? Really.

He sighed to himself and opened his apartment and walked to the couch to begin grading papers.

He drank the cold coffee that All Might had given him hours before but didn't finish.

He looked through the papers until he heard the neighbor open and shut their door.

He never met his neighbor. But they were either smoking or not home.

He didn't have an interest in meeting them.