•8•

Ema stared at her dean.

"I-I failed?"

"You need a 200 on the fitness and got a 196."

Ema felt the tears start to come out.

"I got the best scores on all the other tests and passed the fighting portion!"

"To be a pro hero means you need to be in shape."

Ema scoffed and crossed her arms.

"How can I pass?"

"There's a retake in a month. Since you got such high scores we'll allow a retake, BUT only one."

Ema nodded frantically.

"Okay okay!"

~~

Even though she is retaking it, Ema couldn't help but cry as she walked home.

She sighed seeing a quick glimpse of her reflection. Her whole face was red and her eyes were slightly puffy.

"What's wrong?"

Great and her crush is seeing her cry.

Ema turned towards Aizawa. "I failed."

"Failed the tests?"

Ema shook her head.

"Just the fitness one."

Aizawa stuffed his hands into his pockets.

"What're you gonna do?"

Ema shrugged. "I get a retake but I don't know how to train."

Aizawa seemed deep in thought. He sighed and looked at her.

"If you want, I'm training a student from UA, you can join since part of it does involve physical fitness."

Ema looked at him and smiled. "Really? I mean yeah of course I'll do it." Ema smiled.

Maybe she would pass.

"You'd have to be free evenings."

"Done my managers are saying I work to much," Ema couldn't help the stupid big grin that she had.

"Aizawa thank you so much."

He shrugged. "Come tomorrow and we'll start."

"Oh and bring what was in the test." 

~~

Ema felt awkward. She didn't know what to wear, so she just chose a black shirt and some black sweats with the white stripe.

She awkwardly walked over and saw Aizawa talking to a kid with purple hair. Ema felt the dread of meeting someone new and wiped her face.

She walked over and was happy when Aizawa noticed her.

"Ema this is Shinsou. Shinsou this is Ema."

They both nodded at eachother.

"Ok Shinsou do your warmups, Ema start jogging around the field and don't stop til I say so."

Ema nodded.

She ran for twenty minutes straight. No breaks.

She was sweating badly and felt the sweat running down her bra and back.

"The sheet says a minimum so you're going to be exceeding that." He said.

Aizawa was cruel. Ema had to run for another twenty minutes and then had to spar with Shinsou and after wards they both had to do push ups, sit ups, pull ups(Ema could only do one) and then ran more.