•6•

Aizawa had the same routine.

Wake up, coffee, get ready, work, stay after school for a few hours, come home, grade and do teachy stuff, go out and patrol, then go to bed.

It was the same everyday and he enjoyed it.

It was the same, until he met Ema.

He noticed he'd stop by the coffee and shop would feel slight disappointment when she wasn't working and he would take his time coming home in hopes she would be getting back or be out smoking so he could see her.

It was a stupid crush. He's 31 and needs to stop acting like a teenager.

~~

Aizawa walked into the school and listened to the other teachers in the lounge.

They were talking about random attacks that had been happening.

Aizawa heard how violent they were on the news but never saw anything when he went patrolling.

"You didn't show to get drinks with us." Mic said.

"Sorry, I stayed late patrolling," Aizawa was actually on Ema's porch with her smoking. It was their first full in interaction.

"Interesting. Why?"

Aizawa shrugged. "Seemed logical to." He sat at his desk and sipped his coffee.

They didn't push and continued their previous conversation.

Aizawa drank the rest of his coffee and went into his sleeping bag to wait until his class started.

~~

Ema smiled when a group of young girls walked in.

"How can I help you?"

"Can I just get a vanilla frappe please. Milk instead of coffee."

"Okay."

"Ribbit. Can I get the Italian soda with blue raspberry."

"Can I get a strawberry frappe?"

Ema grabbed their orders.

"We might have to hustle. School starts soon." The all pink girl said.

"What school do you go to?" Ema asked.

"UA!" The girl with brown hair said excitedly.

"I know someone who works there," Ema poured the drinks.

"Ooh a student?" Ema shook her head. "No a teacher. Well two teachers but I only know ones name."

Ema liked groups of teen girls. They were either rude or easy to talk to.

"Who?"

"One's a tall blonde. He comes in every once in a while. The other is Aizawa?"

The girls got exited and giggled.

"He's our home room teacher!"

~~

Mina smiled as Aizawa entered the room.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" She asked before he could start.

"No."

"I don't think she's All Mights since she's so young." Uraraka whispered.

"We went to a cafe. I forgot her name. She was pretty. Her name started with an E..."

Aizawa faltered. "I don't know anyone who's name starts with an E."

He wanted to end the conversation.

The girls giggled exited for the small amount of romance.

Most people at UA didn't date since they were focused more on their studies and becoming heroes.

Tsu took noticed of the small blush in Aizawa's ears.

~~

Ema wiped the counter and heard the door open.

"Welcome-" she looked up and saw the man standing there "-oh it's just you."

Aizawa walked forward and grabbed his wallet.

"Heard you met some of my students."

"They were cute. Interested in if we were a thing." Ema smiled thinking they were cute. She remembered being their age and reading romance hoping to be living like that one day.

"They questioned me slightly."

"Black coffee?" Ema asked. Aizawa nodded.
When he held cash out Ema shrugged.

"On the house."

Aizawa put his wallet away and watched Ema pour everything.

"Did you work all day?"

"Yeah. We have a week off since something happened at some training ground."

"Fair enough."

They stood awkwardly avoiding eye contact.

"I get off in five minutes...wanna wait and we can go home together?"

"Sure." Aizawa cursed at how fast he responded.

Ema smiled and watched him sit down.

Ema walked back and continued wiping her stations and cleaning up. She was happy she didn't close but she needed to get the place clean.

~~

"Ready?" Ema was finally off.

Aizawa got up and they walked out.

"What's it like being a teacher?"

Aizawa shrugged. "Nothing really. It's like adopting a bunch of kids. Especially the ones this year. They keep getting into trouble."

Ema smiled. "You love them?"

"No."

He was 100% lying.

"Okay."

They walked in silence. Ema pulled out her Marlboros and lit one. She handed it to Aizawa who took a drag.

They liked their silence. The only sound was when they took a drag but it was comfortable.

Ema saw their complex come into view.

They both stopped when they got to the elevator.

"Good night."

Aizawa nodded and Ema walked into her apartment.

She was greeted by Koi and she picked him up and walked to the kitchen.

The last days she had been relying on leftover food from work or takeout.

She found some noodles and just cooked those.

Sitting down, she turned in the tv and watched the news about the newest villain.

Ema fell asleep soon after.

~~

Aizawa entered his apartment and like the silence.

He walked into his bedroom and listened for nothing in particular for a while. He sat at his desk and continued any teacher stuff he had.

Having the kids prepare for their finals has done little to help paperwork that came with being a teacher.

He sighed putting them away and laying into bed.