•7•

It was finals week.

That meant Ema had taken the week off from work and would be studying when she wasn't taking a test.

It was more coffee and energy drinks and smoothies so she could study.

She had technically two weeks left of school. One to take finals and the next week was when final grades were posted.

She was beyond exited.

But also nervous because if the agency she chose didn't like her quirk she was fucked.

It was Monday and her first test. Because she had five classes she would be taking two on Monday and three in Wednesday and then a physical test that involved fitness and a fight against a pro.

Ema walked into school, gripping an energy drink as if it was her last drink forever.

She studied all weekend and didn't talk to anyone.

She was prepared but still nervous.

She walked in Biology and sat at a random desk.

She felt her hands shaking and inhale a granola bar when the teacher wasn't looking.

She chugged the rest and the teacher walked in signaling the test going going to begin.

"No talking, no phone, no music."

The teacher began handing the tests out.

"If anyone is caught cheating they automatically fail and will be expelled."

Ema got more nervous. She wasn't cheating but what if they thought she was. She accidentally wrote the answers or looked at someone else's test.

She shook her head. She was being stupid.

The thick piece of paper was set in front of her.

She sighed and began quickly answering.

~~

Ema smiled exiting the building. Biology, mathematics, and English were done.

She had hero studies and history left.

She walked past the cafe and headed to the conscience store.

She wanted something to eat while studying.

She grabbed a random fizzy drink and some chips and checked out.

She walked out and saw a familiar face coming home from work.

She almost went up to say hi, but faltered not knowing if they were that close.

Plus he was with a small group. She hated new people.

While she was thinking, Aizawa looked up.

"I'll be right back," he muttered walking over.

"How come your not working?" He asked.

"Oh I took the week off. Finals." Ema said pretending to cheer.

"Oh yeah my students are getting ready for theirs."

"Sounds like it'll be tough."

Aizawa shrugged. "Are yours tough?"

"Not really. I'm only stressed about the fitness part. I have a class that helps with that but i never workout other than that."

Aizawa nodded.

"Are you studying tonight?"

"Yeah. My fitness test will be low but I'm hoping my other tests won't ya know. Make myself feel better."

Aizawa looked back at Mic and Midnight who were miming at his.

All Might waved at Ema, who returned a wave.

"Go back to your friends and have fun." Ema smiled.

Aizawa would much rather be with her but he didn't say that.

"Have a good night." He smiled and walked back.

Ema watched him walk back and get teased by the louder blonde.

She felt slightly jealous. She'd never been good at making friends. And currently didn't have any except for Aizawa and Koi. Although one was a cat.

She walked back into her apartment and put her pajamas on, oversized black shirt and sweats, and began studying.

~~

Aizawa returned home, slightly tipsy.

He looked at his phone. 4:36 was the time. When he opened his apartment he went to his living room and sipped some water.

He smelled smoke and smiled knowing it was coming from the apartment below him.

He hoped down and saw Ema with a cigarette in one hand, and a notebook in the other.

"It's late." He said scaring her.

"Are you drunk?"

Aizawa shook his head and sat down.

"You smell like alcohol." He actually smelled good. He smelled woodsy with vanilla and alcohol.

"You smell good." He complimented. He could faintly smell her. Like vanilla, coffee, and smoke.

"I-" Ema avoided his gaze and turned her head.

"Th-thanks," she took a drag and offered it to Aizawa. He took it and took a longer drag.

"It is late. You have tests tomorrow."

Ema shrugged. "I've stayed up later and been fine."

Aizawa looked at her. "Seriously staying up isn't good for you."

Ema stared at him. "You're up."

"Yeah but I don't have important tests tomorrow."

"Yeah just a class of students."

Aizawa chuckled.

"I already have the undereye bags, them being darker won't matter." Ema said leaning back.

Aizawa watched her as the wind softly blew. She looked stunning with the moonlight.

He liked how her piercings looked and how she always looks tired.

Ema felt him staring and quickly wiped her face. "What?"

"Nothing just got lost in thought."

"Oh."

It turned into awkward silence quick but then went to comfortable silence when Aizawa took the Cigarette and took a quick drag.

"I'm going to go to bed. Have a good night."

Ema watched his shirt rise up when he reached up and didn't miss his happy trail and the quick view of abs.

"G'night."