𝘌𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘱𝘦²₀

I woke up again for what I hoped would be the last time. This time I was in bed and it was light out. I was still shaking with adrenaline from the dreams I just had. A little disappointed that I didn't actually escape but determined all the same I threw my legs over the side of the bed, letting my feet touch the floor.

I sat on the side of the bed for a while, thinking and listening to see if Akaashi was still home or had already left. I heard clanking around downstairs. He must be washing dishes. Without getting changed I went downstairs to meet him.

I shook off my nerves and came up behind him, placing my hands over his eyes. "Guess who?" I could feel his face lift as he smiled.

"Who else other than the love of my life?" He responded before turning around to face me, a seemingly genuine smile on his face. "How are you doing sweetheart?" he asked as he lightly held onto my waist before giving me a quick peck on the lips.

"I'm doing just great, now that I'm with you," I cringed at my own words.

Fake it til you make it, Y/n.

Too bad you won't be with me for long." I tried to hide the excitement on my face when those words left his lips.

"What do you mean?" I pretended to be confused.

"You don't remember? I'm going over to the other house the finalize some things."

"Can't I come with you?"

"I already told you no, Y/n. It's too risky."

I pouted. "Then can't you just stay home?" I watched as he weighed the options in his head. I started to fear that he would actually decide to stay home, delaying my escape.

"I wish I could but I just can't. It has to be today."

"Oh... okay..."

He sighed. "But I guess... I can go a little later than planned."

☘︎

A couple hours had passed and Akaashi had decided it was time for him to leave.

Fucking finally.

"I'll be back before you know it, okay?"

Please, take your time.

"I'll miss you Keiji."

"I'll miss you too, Y/n." He pecked me on the forehead before leaving the house, locking the door behind him. I waited by the door for a few minutes to make sure that he actually left. Once I heard his car speed away I rushed back to the kitchen to take one last look at the calendar.

I just wanted to confirm that today was the day. I looked at all the days the Akaashi had crossed off, all leading to this one.

October fifteenth. This was the day.

☘︎

It had been one hour since Akaashi had left for the other house. I had originally planned to leave thirty minutes after him but my paranoia wouldn't let me. I had to make sure he wouldn't come back before he said he would. I had to make sure that he didn't forget anything and come back to me running away. I needed to be long gone before he even reached the other house.

I threw on a pair of Akaashi's running shoes since he didn't buy me any of my own. Said that 'all I did was stay at home' and 'I didn't need them'. They were a little bit big but luckily for me Akaashi didn't have very large feet. I laced them up as tight as I could to ensure that they wouldn't fall off. Then I went to Akaashi's room- which was locked but I knew where he kept the key- and took out one of his fanny packs. I didn't want to bring a big bag to weigh me down and besides, I wasn't planning on staying in the woods for a long time at all so I didn't need to bring a lot with me.