Simula

Simula

I rise from my bed, almost naked.

Walking into the shower so I can smell fresh. Inside, the image of her flashes suddenly. I look up at the ceiling and imagine how beautiful she is. I shake my head, smiling. Maybe I could ask her out later. I finish washing my body, wrap the towel around my waist, before taking my phone to dial her.

It rings three times before she picks up.

"Hello?" she begins.

I bite my lip. Damn that voice.

"Morning," I smile.

"Morning," she replies.

I bite it again. Feeling her breaths.

"How's your sleep?"

"Good. Medyo naalimpungatan lang."

I smirk. "God, you sound so pretty."

She laughs. "Stop kid me. By the way, I'm eating breakfast now."

That's exactly what I want to hear.

"Then?" I ask, juggling my sight between the Loiseter and Rolex watches that I collected. "Would you like me to join?"

Tumawa naman siya.

Sa huli, I wear the Loiseter. Madalian ang pagbibihis ko while talking to her. I almost even forgot to fix my hair. I tilt my neck to both sides and wink.

Mayamaya, I am now heading to her house. Pero kailangan ko munang dumaan ng Jasaan para makapunta ako roon. I almost make a curse nang may sumingit sa akin. I take a deep breath and glance at the flower and necklace sitting beside me. Hanggang sa 'di kalaunan ay narating ko rin ang Bantiles.

"Oh, anong atin?" a man asks.

I tell her my intention, and he smiles. I am late to realize he is her uncle.

"Alagaan mo ang pamangkin ko," he says, and I nod. "Matinik sa lalaki 'yan, pero pabayaan mo na, dahil 'pag nagmahal 'yan—loyal naman."

"Makakaasa po kayo," I reply.

After my interrogation with him, I walk straight toward their house. Their neighbors beam at me as I walk past their houses. I smile back. Some women look at me lustfully. I hesitantly smile at them and focus my stride to my pangit's house.

In front, I stand somewhat nervous.

"Tao po," I call.

Someone peek from the foyer. It's a girl.

"Friend, may naghahanap sa 'yo. Guwapo," she remarks, and I give her my sceptical smile. "Naku, 'pag hindi ka pumunta rito—aagawin ko 'to."

I stoop down. Waiting for her.

"Sino ba 'yan?"

I hear her voice.

"Basta, guwapo."

Naghintay akong lumabas siya ng hamba. And she did. Agad napunta ang paningin niya sa akin.

"Ngit?" bakas ang gulat sa boses niya, ngumiti lang ako. Agad siyang pumunta sa gawi ko sabay bukas ng tarangka. "Gosh! You're here..."

I smirk. "Surprise!"

Agad niya akong niyakap. I reply.

"K-kumain ka na ba?" natataranta niyang sinabi, hinawi ko lang ang takas ng buhok niya. "I didn't expect that you'll come. Gosh, wait..."