|| Unexpected Visitor

"Happy Birthday," Y/N said with a small smile as she stroked Kipper's silver-colored fur, her cat turning two

"Time flies, doesn't it?" Amaryllis hummed as she patted the girl's back and planted a tender kiss on her cheek. A spread of food adorned the table, a decision made to order take-away and a specially crafted cake for Kipper, designed for feline delight.

"It does," Y/N murmured quietly, letting out a small sigh as she propped herself on the table.

"Especially with you, you're still my little girl, you know?" Amaryllis coaxed, pinching Y/N's cheeks and tousling her hair. The teenager whined in playful protest, casting a mock glare at her mom, which only earned a chuckle in response.

"If I'm a teenager now, mom, then maybe you should consider letting me date—" Y/N began, adjusting a few strands of her hair before Amaryllis shot her a stern look.

"I might just kick you out," Amaryllis retorted, but Y/N raised her hands in a defensive gesture.

"Just a suggestion, jeez," Y/N playfully blew raspberries as Kipper leaped from her lap, purring contentedly as it strolled away, its tail swaying.

"The only person I'd let you date now is—" Amaryllis began, prompting Y/N to straighten her posture and raise an eyebrow. "Hermione," she deadpanned.

Y/N's face flushed, her eyes shot up, and she stammered over her words, her chest puffing as she shook her head, resembling a jock whose ego had just taken a hit. "What? No— Hermione? Pfft... why would I date her?"

"Mhm," Amaryllis said plainly as she opened the fridge and reached for orange juice.

Y/N was a blushing mess as she suddenly launched into a ramble, insisting that, "Hermione is just a friend, mom!" and that they were nothing more. Amaryllis didn't say anything in response, but the silent look in her eyes sent Y/N into a spiral.

Amaryllis took a sip of her orange juice, slightly amused by her daughter's flushed state. She let out a contented sigh. "Ah, I remember it all too well. The pining, it's normal, I support!" she exclaimed playfully, earning a glare from Y/N.

"Mom!" Y/N whined, her embarrassment clear.

"You're a growing 'gal, Y/N. Blimey, I don't even recognize you from two years ago," Amaryllis reassured as she gave her cheek a gentle pat, squeezing it affectionately. Y/N shot her an unimpressed look, arms crossed, while Amaryllis continued.

"Hormones and all," Amaryllis hummed, tilting her head. "It's normal for you teenagers to get all worked up, especially at Hogwarts with no parental supervision, but, make sure to use protection, mkay?"

"Oh my God, mom!" Y/N exclaimed, covering her ears with her hands and pushing Amaryllis away before storming off.

Amaryllis chuckled, watching her daughter's retreating figure, shaking her head as she took another sip from her cup and she reminisced, "Good 'ol days," she breathed with a nod. "Good 'ol days."