|| Saving Buckbeak

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

"7:30"

"What?"

"7:30," Hermione said hastily. "Where were we at 7:30?" she inquired as she marched down the halls, leading Y/N and forcefully dragging her by the hand

"You're pulling me, and you don't even know where we're going?" Y/N questioned, her eyebrow furrowing. She whined but paused as she caught Hermione's glare. "You three were probably heading to Hagrid's, and I was with Cedric."

Hermione abruptly changed their direction before pausing briefly. "Cedric? What were you doing with Cedric?" she asked, a hint of jealousy in her tone.

"It doesn't concern you," Y/N stated matter-of-factly.

Hermione let out an exasperated groan as she continued to pull Y/N along. Harry quietly trailed behind, observing the two arguing as they made their way discreetly across the bridge and toward the stone circle.

They halted behind the entrance when they heard a commotion outside, doing their best to remain unnoticed.

"Is that... us?" Harry spoke up, peeking his head out of the arch.

Y/N observed as past Hermione, Harry, and Ron argued with Malfoy and his cronies. Hermione had her wand pointed at Draco, and they seemed to be engaged in a heated confrontation. She let out a small gasp when she witnessed Hermione land a punch squarely on Draco's jaw.

"Nice punch," Y/N snorted, and for a moment, her eyes locked with Hermione's.

"Thanks," Hermione said rather shyly.

"This is not normal—" Harry murmured, but he groaned when he felt himself being pressed against a wall, alongside Y/N. Hermione stared at them with a stern expression, who held up her necklace.

"This is a Time-Turner. McGonagall gave it to me; it's how I've been attending classes," explained Hermione. She watched as Y/N and Harry's expressions shifted from confusion, to processing, to realization.

"You mean we've gone back in time?" Y/N inquired, her eyes widening as she waited for Hermione's response.Hermione nodded, a hint of hesitation in her expression. 

"So why didn't you tell me, or—any of us?" Y/N prodded.

"Well, if I casually mentioned having the power to turn back time, would you have believed me?" Hermione retorted sarcastically. "And besides, McGonagall made me swear to keep it a secret. I didn't have much of a choice."

Y/N's defensive tone crept in, "You're my best friend; I would've believed you."

"You haven't been acting like mine," Hermione rebutted, a hint of annoyance in her voice.

"We kiss—Yes I have," Y/N defended, though she couldn't offer a supporting statement.

Hermione sighed, bitterness underlying her words. "Actions speak louder than words. Dumbledore wanted us to return to this moment; something happened that he wants us to change."