|| Home

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

Y/N and Hermione strolled into the Great Hall, bags in tow. Spotting Harry and Ron at the Gryffindor table, they made their way over. Harry held up a large letter, piquing Y/N's interest.

"What's that?" Y/N inquired.

"A letter from Sirius," Harry responded with excitement.

"Really?" Hermione gasped, abandoning her bags and leaning over Harry to read the contents.

"What?" Y/N momentarily froze before collecting herself. "Read it aloud!"

Dear Harry, Y/N,

Buckbeak and I are in hiding. I won't tell you where, just in case this owl falls into the wrong hands. I have some doubts about his reliability, but he is the best I could find, and he did seem eager for the job.

I believe the dementors are still searching for me, but they haven't a hope of finding me here. I am planning to allow some Muggles to glimpse me soon, a long way from Hogwarts, so that the security on the castle will be lifted.

There is something I never got around to telling you during our brief meeting. It was I who sent you the Firebolt —

Before they could delve further into the letter, Hermione interjected with a triumphant "Ha!" and a smirk. "See, I told you it was from him, I was right the whole time."

"Ok Little Miss Perfect," Y/N snorted under her breath.

"Of course - did you expect any less?" Hermione challenged playfully, lips spreading into a smirk.

"Not really," Y/N quipped with a tilt of her head and a nonchalant shrug.

Hermione's smirk widened, her eyes sparkling with playful mischief. "Well, I think this means that you should trust my instincts more often."

Y/N chuckled, appreciating the banter. "Oh, trust me, I trust you... most of the time."

Hermione playfully rolled her eyes. "Glad to know, even if it's only 'most of the time.'"

Before Y/N could say anything more, Ron joined the conversation, rolling his eyes. "Alright, both of you shut up. You might just make me barf."

Y/N shot back with a sly smirk, "Don't get jealous because Agil doesn't look your way, Wazlib."

Ron scoffed, trying to come up with a witty retort but ended up blushing and biting his tongue instead. Y/N let out a teasing and triumphant giggle, her infectious laughter filling the air. Hermione glanced over at her, captivated by the shine reflected in Y/N's smile.

"Alright, enough of that. What else did Sirius say?" Hermione interjected, steering the conversation back to the letter.

"Nothing else really important, I know my Firebolt's not jinxed," he said as he folded the letter neatly and slipped it into his pocket. "Oh, also, he gave the owl that delivered this letter to Ron, said its the least he could do after stealing his rat."