|| Reconciliation

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

"Let's go," Harry urged, guiding the group away.

"Hold on," said Hermione. Y/N, Harry, and Ron exchanged bewildered glances as they watched Hermione take a few steps toward the werewolf. "...Professor Lupin?"

The werewolf locked eyes with Hermione as she repeated his name, his countenance unrecognizable before he commenced howling and growling at the moon. Y/N acted swiftly, seizing Hermione's hand and pulling her back, shielding her protectively as she covered the three.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione clung to Y/N from behind, who wielded an open flame in her hand, prepared to fend off the werewolf if necessary.

It growled menacingly, approaching her slowly, its arm extending and raising. She braced herself for a blow, but instead, she felt a force knocking her away. Landing flat on her butt, she opened her eyes to find Snape standing in front of her, a black dog pouncing on the werewolf.

"Get behind me," Sirius hissed, shielding the four as they witnessed the standoff between the two canines.

"Sirius," Y/N breathed, almost leaping towards him if Snape didn't stop her. "Let me go, Professor. Sirius will—"

Her pleas fell on deaf ears as Snape continued to cover her and her friends. She observed Sirius' dog form engaged in a fierce battle with Lupin, the werewolf. Both canines whimpered in pain as they wrestled, clawed, and bit at each other like wild creatures.

Sirius glanced over at Y/N before limping away. The werewolf, now solely focused on Sirius, chased after him, forgetting about the group in the process.

"Sirius!" Harry yelled, shoving Snape aside and darting after the pair.

Y/N wasn't left behind; she pushed her way past, following Harry. Snape's furious demands for them to halt and return fell on deaf ears as they sprinted with all their might. They came to an abrupt stop at the sight of the werewolf looming over Sirius, ready to pounce.

"Stop!" Y/N screeched, unleashing a fiery blast toward the werewolf.

The werewolf winced, desperately clawing at itself to extinguish the flames on its fur. It growled, its angered gaze shifting to the two. Roaring, it extended its arm and charged after them before suddenly pausing.

A howl echoed through the night sky. The werewolf, now curious about the noise, momentarily forgot about Harry and Y/N. Its gaze flickered between the two and the distant howl, as if contemplating.

Y/N's breath caught in her throat as she cautiously stepped backward, pulling on Harry's jacket. She sighed in relief when the werewolf decided to turn around and sprint towards the distant howl.