|| Sirius Black

"Harry, if you don't tell that bloody book to shut up, I'll slam it against your head!" Y/N snapped as she pushed the blanket off her body, thoroughly annoyed by the ceaseless growling and whining of the Monster Book of Monsters

They had been staying in the Leaky Cauldron for a few days. Y/N had the option to return home, but she knew Amaryllis would give her a two-hour scolding if she did. So, she had decided to stay in her room with Harry.

It took a few days to adjust to their newfound freedom. They were teenagers now, and everything felt new and exciting. They could go wherever they wanted in Diagon Alley, and the two teenagers spent their time exploring the streets and buying random items from various shops.

Most days, they ate at the Leaky Cauldron, but on occasion, they ventured out to dine at other places. During these outings, Y/N often noticed Harry stealing glances at the Firebolt broomstick displayed in the window of the Broomstick shop.

"I can't exactly shut it up, Y/N!" Harry retorted as he approached the troublesome book, curiosity getting the better of him. 

He undid its belt and picked it up cautiously. Suddenly, the book's mouth on the side sprang open and started chomping on itself. Harry let out a startled yelp, dropping the book and leaping onto Y/N's bed to avoid being bitten.

"You kicked my rib! You arsehole!" Y/N exclaimed, clutching her side in pain, while Harry shot her an apologetic glance. Hedwig and Kipper, their pets, looked at them with confusion as the ferocious book disappeared under the bed.

Harry propped himself on the bed's railing and ducked his head down to look under the bed curiously. The book stared back at him in silence for a few seconds before Harry pulled his head back up, his chest heaving with anxiety.

The book seemed confused, unable to peer out from under the bed. It rotated its body side to side in apparent confusion before retreating further under the bed.

"Harry, your feet are dirty, and I sleep here!" Y/N protested, pointing out the obvious as Harry got on his back and raised his feet, removing his shoe while untying it.

"I'm trying to save our lives, Y/N!" Harry retorted as he held the shoe over the bed.

"From a book!?" Y/N exclaimed incredulously.

Harry didn't respond; instead, the bed shook, and dust fell from the old room as he dropped the shoe. The book immediately pounced on it, and Harry let out a triumphant grunt as he jumped on the book, which whimpered in defeat.

Harry glanced back at Y/N, wearing a wry smile. "We're saved?"

"I was gonna wish you a Happy Birthday, but now? You're fucking dead, Potter—!" Y/N grumbled, pushing the sheets aside. Harry let out a yelp and sprinted out of the room, with Y/N following closely behind in her nightclothes and disheveled, untamed bed hair.

The two ran down the corridors of the Leaky Cauldron, their bodies colliding with the walls and passing a familiar rat being chased by an equally familiar cat. They exchanged glances, and Harry quickened his pace when he saw Y/N closing in.