|| I Like You

Aurora and Y/N giggled as they entered the dorm room, their laughter breathless and infectious, causing them to stumble over their own feet in their euphoric state

The room was dimly lit, the remnants of the party still lingering on the two girls. Confetti on their hair and clothes, evidence of the wild festivities that had taken place earlier. Aurora collapsed onto one of the beds, her giggles continuing unabated.

Y/N, with a tipsy grin, followed suit, flopping down beside her friend. They stared up at the ceiling, lost in their own world of laughter and foolishness.

"Tonight was... something else," Y/N mumbled between fits of giggles.

Aurora let out a contented sigh as she covered her face with her hands. "How's that for a first party?"

Y/N chuckled softly, her hand resting on her chest as the adrenaline from their escapade still coursed through her. "I don't know if I want to do this again or swear off parties forever," she quipped.

The two friends lay in silence, gazing up at the ceiling. The sun was setting, casting a warm glow over the room, and remnants of confetti, sparkles, and glitter still clung to their clothes, faces, and hair, making them resemble glittering disco balls.

Their tranquil moment was interrupted when Aurora spoke up, her voice soft and hesitant. "Y/N?"

Y/N turned to look at her, brow furrowing in curiosity. "Yes?"

Aurora hesitated, searching for the right words. "There's something I've been wanting to ask you..."

Y/N propped herself up on her elbow, intrigued. "Go ahead, you can tell me anything."

Aurora took a deep breath, her eyes locking onto Y/N's.

"You know, I was jealous of you and Granger back in first and second year," Aurora admitted, her fingers fumbling nervously, and her lip caught between her teeth.

Y/N chuckled softly, a hint of surprise in her expression. "You were?"

Aurora giggled, her nervousness fading as she met Y/N's gaze. "You're really that dense?"

Y/N looked perplexed. "What do you mean?" she asked, her voice tinged with curiosity.

Aurora's gaze held a mix of emotions, and her lip quivered as she spoke. "Y/N..."

"Aurora," Y/N replied, her tone gentle.

The faint scent of alcohol clung to their clothes, lingering like a sweet perfume in the air around them.

Aurora's eyes searched Y/N's for a moment before she spoke, her voice soft but sincere. "I mean, I had a crush on you, Y/N. Back then, it was confusing, and I didn't know how to handle it. So, I tried to push those feelings aside and be your friend."

Y/N's eyes widened with surprise, and she blinked several times before a slow smile spread across her face. "Aurora, I had no idea."

Aurora chuckled nervously. "Yeah, I wasn't very good at hiding it, was I?"