|| Confused About You

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

"Are you really that upset with her?" Y/N asked as they strolled down the path, making their way to meet Hagrid after his Buckbeak hearing. Hermione hadn't joined them, likely due to not being informed, but she had been avoiding Harry, Ron, and Y/N for the past few days, whether out of guilt or shame.

"She got my broom confiscated!" Harry complained, puffing out his chest with frustration, the wind tousling his hair. "I'm not even sure if I'll get it back. Wood's furious and says I need to straighten up and get a new broom!"

"You can always borrow mine," Y/N offered. "Go show Slytherin what you're made of."

"Thanks," Harry said appreciatively, his anger momentarily waning. As they continued, they spotted Hagrid in the distance, his pants rolled up as he stood in the water, skimming stones across the Loch at the edge of Hogwarts castle.

"Hagrid!" Y/N called out, sprinting over to the man with Harry and Ron in tow, their footsteps crunching on the rough gravel.

Hagrid turned around, his face swollen and his eyes red. He was dressed in a fluffy brown coat with a polka-dotted yellow tie, holding a pebble in his hand.

"Oh, you three, where's Hermione?" he inquired, sniffing as he wiped his face, clearly trying to conceal his tears.

"How did the hearing go, Hagrid?" Harry asked, taking a seat on a rock by the water and absentmindedly dipping his feet in.

Hagrid sighed deeply and replied, "Well, first off, the committee members took turns talkin' about why we were there." He rolled his eyes and forcefully hurled the pebble, watching it bounce on the water before it skittered away.

"I got up and did my piece. Said how Buckbeak was a good Hippogriff! Always cleaned his feathers," Hagrid explained, his voice turning remorseful as his shoulders slumped. "And then, Lucius Malfoy got up. Well, you can imagine, he said Buckbeak was a deadly and dangerous creature who would kill you as soon as look at you!"

"And then?" Y/N asked.

Hagrid hesitated for a moment. "And then he asked for the worst, did old Lucius."

"They're not sacking you!" Ron protested.

"No, I'm not sacked," Hagrid reassured, shaking his head as he hurled another pebble into the water. His eyes were now glistening, and his lip quivered as if he was holding back something enormous.

"Buckbeak's been sentenced to death!" Hagrid blurted out, his voice wavering, and he tossed another pebble into the water, as if he were venting his frustration into the air.

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

Y/N strolled down, rolling up the sleeves of her jacket to combat the cold. The snow continued to fall, painting the surroundings in white, and her face was flushed from the chilly air. She made her way through the corridors of Hogwarts and out of the castle doors, where everyone had gathered for the New Year's Party.