|| Marauder's Map

⋆·˚ ༘ *Y/N entered the Hospital Wing, where the entire Gryffindor team was gathered around a bed-ridden Harry

⋆·˚ ༘ *Y/N entered the Hospital Wing, where the entire Gryffindor team was gathered around a bed-ridden Harry. Ron was holding a long bag, wearing a worried expression.

"He looks a bit peaky, don't he?" Ron mumbled, still hunched over.g

"Peaky?" Fred scoffed.

George joined in, "What do you expect? He fell over 100 feet!"

"100 feet?" Y/N's voice rang out, trying to act as if nothing had just happened, quickly wiping away any traces of tears before anyone could see. "What happened to him?" she asked, her brows furrowing in confusion.

"Let's pitch Ron off the Astronomy tower," Fred suggested with a mischievous grin.

"—and see what he looks like," George added.

Harry's voice was hushed and weary. "Probably a right sight better than he normally does."

The group chuckled, and Harry slowly sat up with a soft grunt, propping himself on his elbows. "Blimey..." he muttered.

"How are you feeling?" Hermione asked, taking a seat next to his legs.

"Oh, brilliant," Harry replied sarcastically.

"You gave us a right good scare there, mate," Fred added, shaking his head.

"What happened?" Harry murmured softly, now sitting up straight.

"You fell off your broom!" Ron exclaimed.

"Really?" Y/N's voice quirked up. "Shame I wasn't there to see it, had to spend detention with an intolerant git," she muttered under her breath while playfully wiping the dirt off Harry's clothes, wearing an amused grin.

"I meant the match," Harry interjected. "Who won?"

Hermione rose from the bed, and the group's expressions turned solemn, except for Y/N, who was just as uninformed as Harry about the situation. Hermione hesitated, scratching her head with a wry smile.

"Harry, nobody blames you," Hermione began, but Harry looked perplexed. "Dementors aren't supposed to be on the grounds. Dumbledore's furious! As soon as he saved you, he sent them away."

Harry inquired, "Did someone manage to save my Nimbus?"

Ron and Hermione exchanged quick glances.

"Er —" Ron stumbled over his words.

Harry pressed, "What's going on?"

Hermione hesitated, then admitted, "Well... when you fell off, it got blown away."

Harry prodded further, "And then?"

"And it hit — it hit — oh, Harry — it hit the Whomping Willow," Hermione's voice choked, her lip trembling nervously.

A feeling of dread washed over Harry. The Whomping Willow was a notoriously violent tree that stood alone in the middle of the grounds.

"And?" Harry urged, fearing the worst.