|| Brother and Sister

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

As Y/N made her way up the stairs to the Divination classroom, books in hand, the weight of the recent events hung heavily on her shoulders. Gossip had spread like wildfire, and it was evident in the way people's eyes followed her, more so than usual.

A young Slytherin boy, in his first or second year, couldn't resist making a comment. "Hey, Crimson. Is it true?" He jerked his head in her direction. 

"What?" Y/N said with a deadpan voice.

"That you date girls now. And that you were dating Aurora in secret but you cheated on her and then—" His friends joined in with laughter, but a fierce glare from Y/N was enough to silence them.

"Just a joke," the boy said bashfully as he quickly walked past her, lowering his head. "Sorry."

"Fucking twats," Y/N muttered under her breath as she pushed open the classroom door, the curious eyes of the class already fixed on her. The weight of the breakup and the public scrutiny made it difficult for her to focus on her studies.

"Hey," Ron greeted with a friendly smile, patting the seat next to him.

"Thanks," Y/N replied, taking a seat next to Ron and Harry, who seemed half-asleep. Hermione, however, seemed to pay her no mind.

"Miss Crimson, you're late," Professor Trelawney greeted. Y/N stared at her blankly for a moment before shrugging her shoulders and letting out an exasperated sigh.

"Well, what?" Y/N replied sharply. "D'you want me to turn back time?" Her tone was bitter, her frustration evident. Ron nudged her under the table, a silent reminder to be more composed, and Y/N quickly regained her composure, realizing her outburst.

"Sorry, Professor," Y/N muttered, blushing as she averted her gaze, feeling a bit embarrassed.

Trelawney changed the subject and turned her attention to the crystal ball on their table. She scrutinized it for a moment. "What do we have here?"

"Do you mind me trying, Professor?" Hermione raised her hand, and Trelawney nodded, seemingly satisfied with her participation.

"The Grim, possibly," Hermione deadpanned.

Trelawney let out a small sigh and donned a kind smile as she scooted closer to Hermione and gently took her hand. "My dear, from the first moment you stepped foot in my class, I sensed that you did not possess the proper spirit for the noble art of Divination."

Harry, Ron, and Y/N exchanged glances, observing the unusual scene unfolding before them. Trelawney was reading Hermione's palm, and the Gryffindor girl's face turned red from both embarrassment and annoyance.

"You see?" Trelawney whispered softly, tracing the lines on Hermione's palm. "You may be young in years. But the broken heart that beats beneath your bosom is as shriveled as an old maid's. My child, who has done this to you?"