|| My Love

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

Y/N landed from the private plane, met by the familiar face of the flight attendant who had been a constant presence since her childhood. The attendant had aged gracefully from her 20s to her early 30s, witnessing Y/N's growth over the years.

For the Muggle world, Y/N's education was shrouded in secrecy. Amaryllis told her Muggle friends that Y/N attended a boarding school, conveniently hiding Hogwarts. The Four Founders of Hogwarts had devised a fictional boarding school in the Muggle realm, providing a cover for Muggle-born students like Hermione.

The clock showed 9 am, marking the next day after their leave at 8 pm yesterday. As they stepped onto Californian soil, the warm sun welcomed them. The temperature wasn't as scalding as Y/N remembered, but it was certainly much, much warmer than London.

In London, the snow had already melted, but there was still a lingering chill in the air. Y/N's body had always been warm, her hands were never cold, a quirk perhaps related to the fact that she was quite literally blessed by Fire or just an inherent trait.

Fire had always been innate to her, something not to be scared of, even when the house neighboring to hers was burnt down when she was merely seven years old.

They walked out of the departure gate and were met with a long, sleek blue limo with gold accents. Y/N sighed, knowing exactly who was waiting inside.

The limo door swung open, and out stepped a tall, slender old woman. Drenched in gold, her hair standing upright, and her hands adorned with jewelry and long, sharp, strikingly blue stiletto nails and sharp electric blue eyes.

"Hello, Grandma," Y/N greeted, giving a nod and bowing down respectfully.

Although bowing heads was outdated and considered lame, at least by Y/N's standards—she had no choice as it was Thornfield thing. And a 'Thornfield thing' was absolute. Y/N held a grudge against both the Crimsons, Caspian's side, and the Thornfields', Amaryllis' side too.

The Thornfield family was one of the most highly prestigious names in the world. If you compared them to the Malfoys' The blonde-headed cunts would look like bootlickers next to the (Y/H/C)-headed cunts.

If the Crimsons were xenophobic, wealthy jerks with high reputations. The Thornfields, on the other hand, were less xenophobic ultra-rich jerks who preferred to keep a low profile, avoiding unnecessary drama that might tarnish their image.

Y/N looked up from her bowing position to her incredibly pretentious and insufferable Grandma, Natalia.

"You have gotten so big!" Natalia exclaimed, her hands touching Y/N as if she were a statue being examined by a guard. Y/N couldn't do anything but keep bowing until the elder told her to stand up.

"Thank you," Y/N replied coldly, keeping her eyes on the ground.

"And plump," Natalia remarked, squeezing Y/N's cheeks. "You were nothing but skin and bones back then before you left for London."